General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How do I get rid of noscript?
Posted by: caktus
Date: November 17, 2008 12:47AM

Often, when I open saved pages in KM 1.5.1 I get a script error. I assume this is caused by "K-Ext110_NoScript". This would not be a porblem except I save about 200 pages each day for reading off-line. The entries of NoScript appear so convolutedly embedded thru-out so many KM files, that it seems it would be very difficult to remove them one by one. So I did a Desktop search to find all the noscript files and delete them all at once. But when I attempt to delete them in this manner, I get an error that "the files cannot be read from the disk." Is there an easy way to remove NoScript without making a mess of things? Or better yet, a way to just disable NoScript?

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do I get rid of noscript?
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 17, 2008 12:16PM

Had you this problems with 1.5.0 or only with 1.5.1?
In this thread I explained how uninstall manually my NoScript updated.
Files in Alain's Extentension are the same.

You can try with my NoScript Extentension because my macro is more recent and is updated to work with 1.5.X versions.
NoScript Alain's Extension have a old macro not updated for 1.5.X versions.

Also NoScript is a macro and as all macros you can disable it from Preferences panel (press F2 key) in K-Meleon Plugins (section) -> Macro Extension (subsection) -> Uncheck "noscript" macro.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2008 12:17PM by desga2.

Date: November 17, 2008 03:33PM

@ desga2

I have only used Noscript with 1.5.1. I did install Alain's Noscript Extention. I will use you uninstall instrictions and download/install your Noscript Extention.

Thank you.smiling smiley

Edit:

It turns out I was mistaken about having Noscript installed (properly anyway.)

I installed noscript in a folder I named "KM Stuff" in which I have all things related to KM. KM 1.5.1 is in a sud-folder within KM Stuff. So, it turns out that Noscript is NOT installed in KM 1.5.1.

Sorry about that.:O

Still, can you help me fix the script errors I am experiencing?:s

Thanks.

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2008 04:04PM by caktus.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 17, 2008 04:18PM

Desga2,

So, can we expect a more up-to-date NoScript from Alain's very nice install routine soon. And in a smiliar vein, how about an uninstall exectuable too. I've used your nice FAQ to manually uninstall Alain's earlier version of NoScript, but that is no substitute for an automated method that matches the efficiency of the install routine!

<g>

N

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 17, 2008 06:06PM

Sorry to be late, but KMES 2.10 offers a setup and an unsetup with a manager.

I'm just very busy, and more yerterday, my XP PRO have crashed and I have serious difficults to make it work.

If I wasn't blocked by the fact that I can't make RNIS work with Ubuntu, XP would be deleted from my computer.

Windows is ennoying ...

But to answer, I'll make my possible to finish as quickly as I can ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: panzer
Date: November 17, 2008 06:17PM

I am updating No Script manually. Just now I am updating it to 1.8.5 version. smiling smiley

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: November 17, 2008 06:20PM

charlie, can you post a link to a page that causes such script errors when saved and opened.. it could be related to .js file that doesn't save properly when the page is saved and viewed offliner

Date: November 17, 2008 07:35PM

@ disrupted

Yes. The next time it happens I report it.

Charlie

Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 20, 2008 05:02PM

Alain,

<<Sorry to be late, but KMES 2.10 offers a setup and an unsetup with a manager.

I'm just very busy, and more yerterday, my XP PRO have crashed and I have serious difficults to make it work. >>

Sorry to hear about your XP Pro crashing. Reminds me that I have to get a backup routine working ASAP. I knew you were working on a new version. Really glad to hear that it is both install and uninstall. FWIW, your macro executables are the best thing that has happened to KM in a long time. Much thanks!

<VBG>

N

Date: November 25, 2008 08:57PM

@ Disrupted

It happened again last night, except online rather than offline. All I could do on the page was click on "Stop Script" or Continue. Then the error message would disappear, but after a few seconds it would re-appear. Other than this, I couldn't do anything on the page as KM 1.5.1 was frozen and the only fix was to close KM (and all it's Tabs.) I just checked a few moments ago, and the problem persists.

The URL is [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7130&package_id=160026]

Hear is a SS:

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.