General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Return to same place on webpage
Posted by: whs
Date: January 03, 2009 10:58PM

Here is a new problem I encounter. When I am reading on one of the Forums I visit, I sometimes click on a link that is posted. But when I return to the original Forum page, it puts me on the beginning of the page rather than to the place from where I was coming. Then I have to always navigate back to the post I was on. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Return to same place on webpage
Posted by: desga2
Date: January 03, 2009 11:48PM

This isn't K-Meleon problem. This work fine in K-Meleon forum with K-Meleon 1.5.x.
This is a forum design problem of forum that you are visiting.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Arrow
Date: January 04, 2009 12:14AM

Set a mouse gesture to open links in new tab and use that for opening links on those forums

I'm assuming you are at present opening links in current window, then navigating back.

Already open tabs don't move their page positon.

Date: January 04, 2009 02:09AM

Thanks for the answers. Btw: It is happening on different 3 forums that all use different engines.

Date: January 04, 2009 02:42AM

I open everything in new tabs whs so I'm not aware of this.
But I do recall it happening in the past with other browsers when a link opened in current page

Is this k-m specific on these forums for you?

What are the forums or engines then maybe someone here can help or you can search for a solution to this?
For example, all sorts of vbulletin problems often show up in search engines.

But you can have two forums on the same engine with different configurations and then it is down to getting individual admins to fix their setup.

Date: January 04, 2009 04:53AM

It does not happen in IE. The Forum I visit the most uses bbPress, another one uses vBulletin, and for Neowin I do not know the name of their engine. It is one that many other Fora use too.

Date: January 04, 2009 07:10AM

Works fine for me using Hao's latest ccfme and offical 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 K-M's [I upgraded official version as I checked smiling smiley)

When set to open in current - each Neowin forum page navigates exactly back to where it was open before

main forum menu - scroll down / subforum - scroll down / open post - scroll down......... and then back again.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.