General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
trashed bookmarks after new versioning????
Posted by: Ludwig König
Date: January 07, 2009 04:18AM

good morning from germany,

i'm still using k-meleon, because from the beginning of of using this browser i thought it was the best browser. it is fast, offers a lot of options (mostly hidden), it is portable. and three minutes ago, my opinion changes into hate!!!!!!
"do really want to install the new version of k-meleon? it is the 1.52...."
if known the result, i never ever installed the ney version.
all my bookmarks that i collected are trashed!!!!! where are they now? are they in the bookmarks nirvana? or are they still living? there are some bookmarks, but the default bookm. after installing a fresh version, but not my ones. or are they backuped in one of the bug profiles? (when i'm starting this browser i always get a confirm window for loading a profile. and it is always the same: the old profiles get an alert box "no go my friend, create a new one" an dmy reaction: "???????????"
why i have to create for only searching at goolge with a duration of of 27 seconds a new profile? it doesn't makes any sense. but i created a new profile after another and another and another. and now i'm searching all my bookmarks. where are they stored?
could someone help me? i need them back again (but not in k-meleon)
that chapter will be history.

thanks from brunswick (germany)
lk

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: trashed bookmarks after new versioning????
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 07, 2009 07:36AM

AFAIK K-Meleon 1.5.x does not normally destroy old profiles or their data.

Ludwig König
it is the 1.52...."
if known the result, i never ever installed the ney version.

It would have been nice if You told us:
From which version did You move to 1.5.2? On which Windows version?:s
(I started using K-Meleon at version 0.6 on Windows ME many years ago smiling smiley)

Bookmarks are stored in bookmarks.html. The file is possibly still in %apdata%.
Since version 1.0 that is the standard (default) location for profiles & right next to other Mozilla profiles. If K-Meleon 1.5.x issued a warning it is normally there. Else it can be in K-Meleon folder. Holger Metzger only mentions this old location.

Since version 1.1.x K-Meleon also creates & keeps a bookmarks_backup.html. You can look for it too.

After finding either copy the bookmarks file into the new Profile.

p.s. Falls du %apdata% suchst? Google "holger metzger mozilla profile". Er gibt allerdings für K-Meleon die bis Version 0.9 gebräuchliche Standart-Stelle an, jetzt ist sie neben den Mozilla Profilen. Die alte Stelle kann bei der Installation allerdings auch gewählt werden. Guck also an beiden nach bookmarks.html und bookmarks_backup.html.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.