General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Is K-Meleon multi threaded ?
Posted by: Ki6465
Date: July 16, 2012 04:17AM

Is K-Meleon multi threaded ? Does K-Meleon run better on a dual core CPU ? just want to know. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 04:20AM by Ki6465.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is K-Meleon multi threaded ?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 16, 2012 11:35AM

I have no actual knowledge that KM is multi-threaded. I don't think that it is. My KM 1.6.0 beta 2.4 runs well on my 4 core AMD cpu, but that is just because I have more RAM and my speed is three times that of my previous cpu.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 16, 2012 11:49AM

I can say only that KM is running better than other browsers even on newest PCs.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 16, 2012 02:22PM

No, it is not, and I don't say it by knowledge, it is just by observing the behavior. I may be wrong, then winking smiley

If you have an old PC and, therefore, it take "years" to open sites with heavy javascript load, you'll notice that the processor is using the % proportional to one of the cores. If you have 2 cores, you'll never see it passing much more (other system process involved) from 50%.

At least it is my case. I have a Hyper-Threading processor, then, so, 2 virtual cores, and is what happens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 02:23PM by JohnHell.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.