hostperm.1 limitations in K-Meleon
Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: August 26, 2012 09:20PM

I recently came to know that the hostperm.1 file in the profile directory is useless in blocking scripts, stylesheets,..etc. except cookies, popups and images.
According to mozilla documents, the hostperm.1 is used to block or allow the following types of selectors:
cookie
document
object
popup
script
stylesheet
subdocument
cookie
In my time consuming test, I have found that K-Meleon DOES NOT block many selectors like (document, image, object, script, subdocument and stylesheet).
Although I have a large sized file hostperm.1, it is useless.
Can anyone tell me whether I am wrong? I am using KM with ABP and Policy manager, and tested these things with or without them (disabled or uninstalled).
I think that there might be some way to re-enable the hostperm.1 power?
Please reply

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2012 09:22PM by WasiAzeem.

Re: hostperm.1 limitations in K-Meleon
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 27, 2012 08:04PM

What version?

I had bad experiences in the past too, but I can guarantee you that image and script works perfectly because I used a couple of times before switching from 1.1.x to 1.6.x.

Of course, I'm talking about 1.1.x. If it was broken in 1.5.x, I have no idea as I never used that intermediate version. But should work as well.

Posted by: snuz2
Date: August 27, 2012 08:28PM

I don't think hostperm file is used anymore, these things are stored in an SQL database filenow, I think it changed around version 1.5 or so...

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 03, 2012 08:29PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:24PM by adodupan.

Posted by: WasiAzeem (W/O/Login)
Date: December 26, 2012 05:49PM

@JohnHell
1.54, I did not take any tests on 1.6 b2 because this version is unstable on my machine, it sometimes just automagically dissappears e closes itself.

@snuz2
bad news

@adodupan
good replysad smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.