General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Forum connection problem - database
Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 25, 2009 01:16PM

I have been getting a database connection error when attempting to connect to the forum with KM 1.5.2 on my desktop unit. I can get to the rest of the site, just not the forum. This does not happen on my 1.1.6 version on the desktop nor does it happen to this 1.5.2 version on my laptop.

I erased all cookies using Cookie Monster but that did not help. I could get to specific threads using history. I went to a thread and did a log out on the desktop so I could log in here on the laptop.

The problem seems specific to the 1.5.2 install on the desktop. Any ideas on what to delete or change there? The OS is XP-SP3.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forum connection problem - database
Posted by: desga2
Date: February 25, 2009 05:08PM

Are you checked Cookies and JavaScript enable?
Some extension like NoScript or AdblockPlus?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: February 25, 2009 06:18PM

@ desga2

I do not use NoScript or AdblockPlus. I have deleted cookies.txt and history.dat. Javascript is enabled. The following is the message I get when I go to the forum.

The database connection failed. Please check your database configuration in include/db/config.php. If the configuration is okay, check if the database server is running.

This started by happening only on the General forum, but after a couple of days all the forums had the problem. I did not know it was just my KM and not Sourceforge until today.

Posted by: panzer
Date: February 25, 2009 06:28PM

I have the same problem.

Date: February 25, 2009 09:05PM

I got it fixed. I did not discover the actual cause. What follows is the method I used to correct the problem.

I used ResProfile.kmm from the Macro Library to backup the current profile. Then I deleted the entire current profile. That was the folder and three files in C:\Program Files\k-meleon\Profiles.

I then started KM and let it build a new profile. I stopped KM. I have a SetUpPrefs.kmm that I moved into the user macro folder. I restarted KM and ran that macro. That set the skin, home page, IE Favorites instead of Bookmarks and a few other things. I stopped KM and the copied just the contents of old user macro folder to the new macro folder.

I restarted KM and everything worked. Only other thing was to retask Cookie Monster to the new profile.

Date: February 26, 2009 06:37AM

JamesD
I have been getting a database connection error when attempting to connect to the forum with KM 1.5.2 on my desktop unit. I can get to the rest of the site, just not the forum. This does not happen on my 1.1.6 version on the desktop nor does it happen to this 1.5.2 version on my laptop.

I erased all cookies using Cookie Monster but that did not help. I could get to specific threads using history. I went to a thread and did a log out on the desktop so I could log in here on the laptop.

The problem seems specific to the 1.5.2 install on the desktop. Any ideas on what to delete or change there? The OS is XP-SP3.

I have the same problem..But in Internet explorer as well..

I would have tought that the problems comes from the site

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 26, 2009 07:46PM

I had this problem some time ago (before week) in Firefox 2.0.0.20, but this is temporaly error, I think this is for brandwidth overheight in forum server data base.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: February 26, 2009 10:22PM

Gorilla no baka
I would have tought that the problems comes from the site

desga2
I had this problem some time ago (before week) in Firefox 2.0.0.20, but this is temporaly error, I think this is for brandwidth overheight in forum server data base.

I thought it was SourceForge having a problem, but then I started the laptop and could get in from there, but got the error on the desktop. I tried KM 1.1.6 also on the desktop and it connected. The desktop KM 1.5.2 problem had been going on for days until I changed profile. New profile and everything worked just fine.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 27, 2009 12:24AM

try clear cache in old profile.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.