How to unistall Adobe Reader plugin????
Posted by: Mr.Bean
Date: September 24, 2012 06:10PM

I have K-meleon 1.5.4 and install Sumatra Pdf Reader and its pugin is now clashing with Adobe Reader Plugin. How can I uninstall Adobe Reader Plugin???

Re: How to unistall Adobe Reader plugin????
Posted by: Mr.Bean
Date: September 24, 2012 09:29PM

Actually instead of uninstalling Acrobat plugin, how can I tell K-meleon to open pdf files with Sumatra and not with Acrobat like in Firefox Options>Applications

At present both Sumatra and Acrobat are trying to open pdf files so I get the error
"plugin performed illegal operation"

Re: How to uninstall Adobe Reader plugin????
Posted by: Kleon
Date: September 29, 2012 07:42PM

Have you tried setting Sumatra reader as the default application for .pdf files? In Win XP that is done under My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File types.

You can also try uninstalling Adobe Reader, since you now use a different application.

——————————————————————————
Windows XP Pro SP3 | K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta2
Trying out various subspecies of the lizard smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2012 05:29PM by Kleon.

Re: How to uninstall Adobe Reader plugin????
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 29, 2012 08:23PM

Not needed. personally. I do ot use the Adobe reader but Nitro reader.

The solution for ANY PLUGIN is always. (If anything goes wrong).
You put the plugin You WANT into K-Meleon's plugins folder to force the usage of this specific plugin for this specific mimetype by K-Meleon.

Provided the mimetype is supported.

The Mozilla (mozilla = any browser but not IE) plugins names always start with "np" and are found in the plugins install folder. Can be country and language specific.

Here Adobes plugin is in: \Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AIR\nppdf32.dll and is not used.
But the used reader plugin is in C:\.k-meleon1.6beta2.en-US\plugins\npnitromozilla.dll (Hint: Nitro PDF Plug-in for Firefox and Chrome)

Actually Opera and ALL other non IE Browsers - including K-Meleon also can use it.

p.s. Do not ask me why I did not uninstall Adobe. LOL:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 08:25PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.