General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't Seem to add anymore bookmarks?
Posted by: XanaX420
Date: March 23, 2009 09:55PM

Is their a max number of bookmarks you can have? Because when I try to add the bookmark I cant see it in the menu but when I click edit bookmarks I see it there.... so im a bit confused, would appreciate it if someone could help me fix this..... thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't Seem to add anymore bookmarks?
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 23, 2009 11:27PM

AFAIK Yes Netscape bookmarks are limited by the number chosen by the maker of the plugin. More than 1000. Few PPL collect that many.

If You really reached this limit?

There are favorites & hotlist plugins also.

Bookmarks.html is a file format that can be bookmarked. smiling smiley
I have a bookmarked 2 old bookmarks files. One with myspace music groups & one with links about economic info that i sometimes want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 11:28PM by guenter.

Posted by: Drahken
Date: March 25, 2009 01:18AM

I remember a lot of discussion in the past about large bookmark files (although those were about filesize, not numbers).

Have you tried putting them in subfolders, maybe that will increase the effective limit? (I've never had enough bookmarks to run into a problem like this, so I'm just making guesses here.)

Also, as guenter said, you can use the opera style hotlist (you don't have to have opera installed or anything, and if you do have it, the hotlist you use for KM can be a seperate file from the one in opera).
You can also use IE favorites (although the IE favorites is universal, so you're favs from IE will be mixed in too).

And, as guenter said, the bookmarks file is just an html file, that you can open directly in your browser as though it were a web page. As such, you could have multiple archived bookmarks files, then bookmark those files.
You bookmarks file should be located somewhere like: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/USER/Application%20Data/K-Meleon/default/53fgdgtd.slt/bookmarks.html ..or in a profile folder within KM's program directory.

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 25, 2009 01:59AM

About load bookmarks.html like a web page you can use this macro placed in MacroLibrary.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: the-edmeister
Date: March 26, 2009 05:38AM

I have more than 2500 bookmarks in Firefox 2, seems strange that K-Meleon would have a limit.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 26, 2009 07:54AM

the-edmeister
I have more than 2500 bookmarks in Firefox 2, seems strange that K-Meleon would have a limit.

Explain why?

Posted by: XanaX420
Date: March 26, 2009 08:43PM

Well I figured out I can add more however to view them in the menu Kmeleon has to be restarted... kind of odd but its not a big deal to restart the browser

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.