General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Another yahoo mail question
Posted by: reeko124
Date: April 01, 2009 02:31PM

I figured to start a new thread in case it wouldn't get read in the other yahoo mail thread. Here is my problem and I wondered if anyone else had it. Whenever I go into my inbox or anywhere else in mail it refreshes the page constantly unless I stop it. This is on two seperate versions of KM 1.5.0 and Freds 1.5.2 and on two seperate computers. Does anyone else have that problem? I am only asking because it just started last week. I know it can't be the browser doing it or the computer. I'm not really looking for advice for that problem.Like I said I'm just wondering if anyone else had that start happening to them. Probably time to get a new email provider lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another yahoo mail question
Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 01, 2009 05:13PM

is that problem with yahoo classic type or the advanced one?

i just finished testing it and it doesn't keep refreshing.. first try enabling accept all cookies instead of from originating sites only. preferences? provacy and security

it could be that yahoo keeps trying to set the ads cookies and that what makes it refresh constantly

also check in yahoo preferences.. i don't know much about yahoo mail but some webmail have a setting to keep checking for newly arrived mails and this also will make it refresh. to rule out possible account preferences, here's the yahoo account i use.

username: kmeleontesters
password: fuckyahoo

test with it and see it has the same problme

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 01, 2009 08:41PM
Attachments: _yahoo.jpg (52.9 KB)  
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 01, 2009 08:45PM

That has not sense at all :-?

Real player plugin and AJAX incompatibility? First time I hear about.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 02, 2009 07:42AM

yeah, something is very fishy here.. could it be related to some advertising scam or pushing users to upgrade to ff3? ajax isn't affected by what np plugin you have installed..especially media ones.. i think yahoo is hiding something and realplayer is just a pretence

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 02, 2009 05:27PM

disrupted
yeah, something is very fishy here.. could it be related to some advertising scam or pushing users to upgrade to ff3?

Some Firefox 2 users cannot; AFAIK You need NT based windows to run FFox 3.
So it might be no 1.April idea but a sponsored add by PC and OS vendors gone for new customers that way.

Lets have a new User Agent string for K-Meleon 1.5.x. and Firefox 2:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090303 
(NO Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0 for crappy Yahoo New Mail browser switch)

I should have first tried that on April Foolsday.grinning smiley
No joke, this actually works to get New mail for K-Meleon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 05:38PM by guenter.

Attachments: icon_011.gif (323 bytes)  

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.