General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
zoom - change mouse wheel direction?
Date: April 20, 2009 01:58AM

My small problem is the Ctrl+mouse wheel zooming. I have not been able to find anything about this with searh. K-Meleon's zoom direction is the opposite of everything else. It is confusing when switching back and forth with other browsers, Office apps, text editors, almost anything that zooms. And I have to zoom a lot! I would like to change it so that K-M zooms in (bigger) when I wheel forward. If it is not possible, I'll head straight for the Improvement Requests forum!

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: zoom - change mouse wheel direction?
Posted by: desga2
Date: April 20, 2009 05:49PM

The Ctrl+mouse wheel zooming is the same that Firefox 2 and IE 6.
What others office applications and browser are you tested to said that this is opposite in K-Meleon?

I note that this is opposite in some text editors like Notepad++ and PSPad.
And in Micro$oft Office 2000.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 06:01PM by desga2.

Date: April 21, 2009 03:24PM

It is not the same at all! Scrolling toward me zooms in. Scrolling away -- toward the screen -- zooms out. Everything else is the opposite. I always roll the wheel the wrong way when I use Firefox at work. it isn't so hard to remember with other apps, but my brain sees "webpage", my finger does what it always does for K-M, and it is wrong. It's like trying to use a mouse left-handed for one prog and right-handed for everything else.

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Posted by: caktus
Date: April 22, 2009 05:57PM

Works for my 1.5.2 and until now I didn't even know this feature existed.:O

I have been using the fontsize.kmm with Alt+Y in Accelerators. Perhaps the Alt+Y was just necessary for some previous version of KM and I kept thinking it was necessary in successive versions. Apparently old dogs can learn new tricks.grinning smiley

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.