General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Little help needed
Posted by: panzer
Date: January 16, 2009 09:32AM

I changed the path in restore/backup feature for KM on my USB and in doing so I managed to do something wrong since restore did not worked. It gave me an error. i tried then (sad smiley)to see if backup works. Well, it did restore one my bookmark, but it also deleted Noscript button. I managed to restore button and No script works. Well, the problem is, that when I click on the button, the red sign won't go away, I can not open Options and About. I tried to delete all No script files and reinstall it but to no avail.

Secondly, I can't use Speeddial although I have set the right path in Preferences. Also, on my friend comp KM downloads files on USB althought I wanted to save them on desktop. On other comp this works fine.

And last problem: Screen capture software can't detect KM. By clicking on Print screen when KM is open, all I get is a picture of a desktop. I guess I have made first version of KM with cloaking device installed. Otherwise, this would be a good enhancement for future versions of KM for all paranoid users who are scared that someone with Printscreen and Gmail will copy their work on the web when they go to bathroom. I even thought that devs made this on purpose but then I checked the clean version and there screen capure worked. smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Well, this are minor problems but at least I would like for No script to work properly. I have 1.5.2 USB KM portable so I will just copy KM to a HD and will try your suggestions if you have one. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 09:39AM by panzer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Little help needed
Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 16, 2009 04:47PM

when changing path remeber to check there are double backslashes between folders
e.g:
c:\programs files\kmeleon\kmeleon.exe >wrong
must always be
c:\\programs files\\kmeleon\\kmeleon.exe
also remember the quotes at beginning and end
"c:\\programs\\kmeleon\\kmeleon.exe"
for folders with space in names like program files , you must add \" at the beginning and end of the path
"\"c:\\programs files\\kmeleon\\kmeleon.exe \""

screencapture thing is weird..can't find a logical explanation.. except "kmelon is possessed" smiling smiley
even if you had transparency set for km window with desga's kwc tool, you should be able to capture with prntscrn key. are you using that key or some screen capturing program? also try to run another program from the usb and capture its window, is it possible or only kmeleon windows are invisible to capture?! weird

speed dial, can't help much.. i don't use it but i understand speeddial is not just an htm page but requires additional files. try this one: latest by desga
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-dbb18466.html

not saving files on desktop, might be related to admin user or restriction policies.. maybe your friend isn't making you an admin on his pc or has restrictions to saving files on the desktop.. did you ask him/her?

greasemeleon is kinda painful to set.. after i've made it work properly(and i only needed it for youtube/streetfire download button thing).. i noticed it caused some problems and errors on some sites..especially those using web 2.0 applications so i removed it completely. desga should know..

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 16, 2009 06:30PM

A) About problem with restore/backup and NoScript:
When you use K-Meleon from a USB you must do all paths relatives because USB unit device can change and this produce stranges in his worked.
Are you sure that changed all paths needed to restore/backup tool?
I think that not any profile restored and K-Meleon generated a new profile without NoScript.

cool smiley About Speeddial:
Same that above, problems with USB unit device letter that can change.
You must use a relative path, K-Meleon assumes path from K-Meleon folder. For example if you Speeddial folder are in:
H:\K-Meleon\speeddial\speeddial.htm
Try with this (without unit letter and without K-Meleon folder to relative path):
resource:///speeddial/speeddial.htm

Note: If you setting this path from Preferences -> Home Page, not need double backslash "\\" as disrupted said. This in only needed for paths in macros.

About save on desktop problem, this are possibly problems in configuration or user privileges in your friend computer.

C) About screen capture:
What software are you using to capture the screen?
In windows by default you can capture full screen with Print Screen key and capture only the active window with AltGr+Print Screen.
You can test captures with Irfanview in menu: Options -> Capture/Screenshot...

Very strange if you tried capture a K-Meleon window and capture software captured your desktop instead K-Meleon window. Check capture software settings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 06:38PM by desga2.

Date: January 17, 2009 09:15AM

I used Gadwin screen capture. For Firefox it works fine. It is not problematic that screen capture can't detect KM, just I would like to turn it on/off at will. smiling smiley

In profiles I have two files: default-a9ymovc4.slt and dosjp190.default. When i click edit-configuration-profile directory, it shows me dosjp190.default. Now, which one is the right profile?

Weird is that No script works fine, just that with right click I can not use Options and About.

All in all that are minor problems. Thanx for all your help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 09:31AM by panzer.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 17, 2009 12:41PM

I use MWSnap for screen capture, http://www.mirekw.com/index.html It dose not have any problem with KM.

Date: January 19, 2009 02:38PM

Gadwin was fine before I tried to restore.

I unzipped new Kmeleon, installed No script and compared prefs.js file with mine. I deleted some lines and lost bookmarks. I have got them back (and speedial), but have found some other problems so I will just have to set up a new version.

Date: January 19, 2009 04:26PM

Ok. i have dowloaded the clean version and installed some extensions from Juju site (Cookie culler, Dr Web, KmSmiley, No script, Open dir, Site advisor, spell check, kmblocker, Kmresprofile, restartKm, searchbarext and speeddial). No script stopped working like in my old versions. I deleted all this macros and no script works again. It some of this macros not suited for Km 1.52 versions or some of them do not work properly?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 04:35PM by panzer.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 19, 2009 05:48PM

@ Panzer,

it's perhaps due to an extension I made or to one of these I didn't make : kmblocker, Kmresprofile, restartKm or speeddial. I don't know.

I'm finishing the site which will contains KMES 2.10.

This version handles the K-Meleon version test to install correct kml files. For the macro, some has been corrected (with some test) to work with 1.1.x and 1.5.x

I can't give a date where it will be avalaible, as I have so much time said 'a few days ... more', but I have now about 60 % made.

Hope it won't be to long.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 05:50PM by JujuLand.

Date: January 19, 2009 06:13PM

Searchbarext and Speeddial haven't macro code, discarded it.
I use both in K-Meleon 1.5.2 without problems.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 06:15PM by desga2.

Date: January 19, 2009 06:25PM

I know. I have tried it now and they are OK.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 19, 2009 07:45PM

There could be a conflict between ResProfile and RestartKM. ResProfile requires KM to be stopped long enough for ResProfile.js to copy the files. If you were to run ResProfile and also RestartKM in the same session, there would likely be a problem. I am not sure if the problem would change anything for NoScript.

Date: January 19, 2009 07:57PM

No, I have ResProfile but i do not think that I used it. But I did use profilebackup-panzer and RestartKm a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 07:57PM by panzer.

Date: January 20, 2009 09:20PM

I have deleted my default profile and now it seems everything is OK: No cloak, No script works.

I was wrong. Today I opened it and it won't use my settings ( skin etc) and No script won't work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 02:47PM by panzer.

Posted by: disrupted(testing)
Date: January 20, 2009 10:34PM

smileys macro plus
smiling smileysad smiley:mad:eye rolling smiley
:B

tongue sticking out smiley
grinning smiley

:s
:O

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 21, 2009 04:37PM

Nice eye rolling smiley

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: January 27, 2009 01:12AM

JamesD
I use MWSnap for screen capture, http://www.mirekw.com/index.html It dose not have any problem with KM.

Ditto here ,Never had a problem not to mention that you can save the stuff as jpeg which really reduces the size of the capure and enables you to upload more stuff in the forums where the storage space for atachments is a problem

Date: February 03, 2009 03:58PM

Well, I made a clean install (well, not install but fully portable) 1.5.1 version and this one works much much faster and better than previous 1.5.2 and 1.5.1 versions I had. I do not know why and I do not care. grinning smileysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2009 03:59PM by panzer.

Date: February 09, 2009 03:46PM

Beware:

I have found out that if you let say try to open restartkm2.7z with Winrar, it does not extract all files at all (in this case file skins is not extracted). And I wondered why I have restart button, but cannot see it. and i have to unzip Adblock plus twice to make it work.

So, in the future use 7z instead for this.

Date: March 17, 2009 02:08PM

I have a little problem:

My dial-up connection works, but I can't open any web page. I tried with Km and FF and nothing.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 17, 2009 07:20PM

What error message you get?
What happens if you enter the IP-Nr instead of the URL?
Presumed you are on windoze, does IE work?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 07:23PM by Yogi.

Date: March 17, 2009 07:49PM

Yogi
What error message you get?
What happens if you enter the IP-Nr instead of the URL?
Presumed you are on windoze, does IE work?

1.Standard message when you are offline. check .... ww.mozilla.org instead of www.mozila.org...check your settings and so on.
2. how do I do that?
3. IE does not work.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 17, 2009 08:40PM

- Check the network settings of IE (or any of your other browsers)
Make sure it didn't got misplaced by accident pointing to a non existent proxy.

- (2.) You need a tool/sniffer + second working PC/laptop to find out the respective IP-Nr.
Copy paste this URL: HTTP://193.99.144.85 and see if you can connect to heise.de
If you can connect it might be a DNS issue on your system.

- Check your hosts file and if there are entries you didn't made rename it (hostssss)

127.0.0.1     localhost
is the default entry.

Rather unlikely in your case but malware can override the hosts file.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 08:45PM by Yogi.

Date: March 17, 2009 09:10PM

Thanx.

Date: April 06, 2009 02:30PM

I found the problem. Since all this started with me trying to install an upgrade to Comodo firewall, i suspected it.

Thing is this: Sometimes you cannot uninstall C. And even if you do, some registry entries make a mess with internet connection. so I downloaded comodo registry fixer and now all works well.

Date: April 29, 2009 07:50AM

The company I work for has it's own site. I have a username and password to get in and change it (with CMS). But if I want to post a comment on that site ( even if I am not registered), my username is shown (instead of anonymous - no username is shown).
Obviously, the site is able to get my username from Km somehow. sad smiley

Date: April 29, 2009 12:37PM

Some cookie or Remember Password enabled.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: April 30, 2009 08:37AM

Thanx.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.