General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-meleon 1.5.2, Slimming down K-Meleon 1.5.2\chrome\embed.jar
Date: February 18, 2009 09:49AM

Ok here`s the link .

I just finished working on it ...It is done 100%.

The rest of it is cosmetic stuff only,and fine tunning....

I tought you might wanna take a look to see what it will look like:

Here`s the link

IN A FEW HOURS TIME I WILL BE UPLOADING A NEW GORILLA 2 K-meleon BASED ON THE 1.5.2 SERIES...

RIGHT NOW ï¼­ï¼¹ OLD LAPTOP IS still MUNCHING :drool: ON IT...

and because is a very old laptop the supercompresion process tends to take a while

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 01:02PM by Gorilla no baka.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-meleon 1.5.2, Slimming down K-Meleon 1.5.2\chrome\embed.jar
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 19, 2009 05:10AM

Out standing work for PPL that have Your tasts. I like it!
Apart from "animatversion" posted below.

Gorilla no baka
UK- Guildford -Surrey

Slimmed down Win XP Pro (131 Mcool smiley[/b]

and because is a very old laptop the supercompresion process tends to take a while

An official chrome has "stingy and strict" requirements.

Boils down to: about: config, about: plugins, about: config ... Cookies, some safety menus and K-Meleon PrefsPaneld must work with no functional or visual impairment.

Some console +/= fault tracer must also work. (for: web development + user complaints about "K-Melon does not work" pages).

Please do not only look at ultimate savings.
Biggest single space and loading saver & thus speed improvement: redundant copy rights.
Done? (Yes I did - if You based your work on an official chrome ).

Next only needed stuff. See above. Mostly like You did, but ...

Thx for reading my post.

p.s.

1.) once spoke that accent.

2.) interested in Your XP setup files / mine are about 200 MB. nlite done.

3.) Intel P3 III 500 + other slowy machines.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 05:17AM by guenter.

Date: February 19, 2009 11:21AM

guenter
Out standing work for PPL that have Your tasts. I like it!
Apart from "animatversion" posted below.

Gorilla no baka
UK- Guildford -Surrey

Slimmed down Win XP Pro (131 Mcool smiley[/b]

An official chrome has "stingy and strict" requirements.

Boils down to: about: config, about: plugins, about: config ... Cookies, some safety menus and K-Meleon PrefsPaneld must work with no functional or visual impairment.

Some console +/= fault tracer must also work. (for: web development + user complaints about "K-Melon does not work" pages).

Please do not only look at ultimate savings.
Biggest single space and loading saver & thus speed improvement: redundant copy rights.
Done? (Yes I did - if You based your work on an official chrome ).

Next only needed stuff. See above. Mostly like You did, but ...

Thx for reading my post.

p.s.

1.) once spoke that accent.

2.) interested in Your XP setup files / mine are about 200 MB. nlite done.

3.) Intel P3 III 500 + other slowy machines.

Allright...

#2 Xp setup files : Done by a combination of Bold files and myfiles.It took me two years to slimm the fooocker down manually.
If you go for Bold`s files is gonna be a lot faster : 4 minutes to run the files and probably one week to superfine tune it..

It really depends on your computer and Os, on what you want to keep and what you want to give up at!

I know that an official chrome has quite strict requirements.

What i am doing it is not supposed to be a official version as i am not a programer (Yet) or a DEV.

What i am doing is mainly intended for people who does not especially like eye candy stuff..Namely for slimmers...

It is done with the hope that maybe,perhaps one day a DEV with some time on his hands and the desire to experiment,will read this stuff and will find it usefull...

A dev who still likes to mess around with the programs and code will set to make a super slimm Kmeleon (A 4 MB ONE WITH NO PIPELINING LIMITS :O)

This is my small contribution toward this yet inexistent project ...

Call me a dreamer....A hopless one...But heck i enjoy it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 11:22AM by Gorilla no baka.

Date: February 19, 2009 05:01PM

Gorilla no baka
It really depends on your computer and Os, on what you want to keep and what you want to give up at!

It is done with the hope that maybe,perhaps one day a DEV with some time on his hands and the desire to experiment,will read this stuff and will find it usefull...

A dev who still likes to mess around with the programs and code will set to make a super slimm Kmeleon (A 4 MB ONE WITH NO PIPELINING LIMITS :O)

1.) @ XP I like to have it down to Win2000 level. No candy.

2.) I find Your info interesting, but that is one reason why I picked up trimming for official. And because all man hours we users can contribute gives the devs more time to do what we cannot. smiling smiley

:B Since this gives me more browser. :B

Console2 Simon Bünzli's, flashblock Flashblock Team's, mtypes K-M devs & I, PrefPanel kko's are independent XUL applications. They are no part of chrome's core. I thought You knew - I thought I tried to pass You that info... But my English is bad and I am forgetful. Sorry.

You can delete their folders inside the jars using 7zip or similar.

For main slimming. Make a Backup of the jar. Delete a file or two, check whether the key functions we use are still working (& look in console for error messages).
Close Browser and continue the procedure with new backup. You want about: config, about: plugins, some cookie & warning functions and add certificates from pippi (need for obslote certificate pages. That gives You the bare core no comfort chrome. & keep console until You finished slimming

Else You can save Yourself all sliming and use chrmlite.dll & ME chrome.

3.) I wished I could try. It is altering the string You found and selectively building necko.dll or a whole GRE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 05:04PM by guenter.

Date: February 19, 2009 05:40PM

guenter
Gorilla no baka

1.) @ XP I like to have it down to Win2000 level. No candy.

2.) I find Your info interesting, but that is one reason why I picked up trimming for official. And because all man hours we users can contribute gives the devs more time to do what we cannot. smiling smiley

:B Since this gives me more browser. :B

Console2 Simon Bünzli's, flashblock Flashblock Team's, mtypes K-M devs & I, PrefPanel kko's are independent XUL applications. They are no part of chrome's core. I thought You knew - I thought I tried to pass You that info... But my English is bad and I am forgetful. Sorry.

You can delete their folders inside the jars using 7zip or similar.

For main slimming. Make a Backup of the jar. Delete a file or two, check whether the key functions we use are still working (& look in console for error messages).
Close Browser and continue the procedure with new backup. You want about: config, about: plugins, some cookie & warning functions and add certificates from pippi (need for obslote certificate pages. That gives You the bare core no comfort chrome. & keep console until You finished slimming

Else You can save Yourself all sliming and use chrmlite.dll & ME chrome.

3.) I wished I could try. It is altering the string You found and selectively building necko.dll or a whole GRE.

wow:cool:

Thanks a lot Guenter...

That`s so cool!

Date: February 19, 2009 08:29PM

Senior moments: ME chromes yield some info about files that are absolutely needed.
Like the ones that make the Xul sidebars...

After You found surplus files by trial and error and via their language files.
You can use the following info to find what css (skin), and dtd, properties files (locale - language) and js belong to Your essential files. Global = toolkit files, globally used, else content.

The info is near the head of the files.

<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/config.css" type="text/css"?>
<!DOCTYPE window SYSTEM "chrome://global/locale/config.dtd">
<script src="chrome://global/content/config.js"/>
<stringbundle id="configBundle" src="chrome://global/locale/config.properties"/>

It is good that now 2 are interested in that stuff.

p.s. Maybe You can find ones i missed in the 1.9 chrome Fred is using now; I mean without breaking its functions. smiling smiley

In the reused Mozilla parts. Not in K-Meleon.jar because that is made.

Date: February 20, 2009 12:00AM

guenter
It is good that now 2 are interested in that stuff.

p.s. Maybe You can find ones i missed in the 1.9 chrome Fred is using now; I mean without breaking its functions. smiling smiley

In the reused Mozilla parts. Not in K-Meleon.jar because that is made.

Sounds like a plan...

Posted by: ICQ
Date: May 10, 2009 07:59AM

hey fella I dont understand what is all about would you like to giving your hand..please upload pdf guiding files as your promise...step by steps to installed

many thanks...

Date: May 13, 2009 08:49AM

hey fella I dont understand what is all about would you like to giving your hand..please upload pdf guiding files as your promise...step by steps to installed

many thanks...

Allright..

Um ....May i sugest you to check the link i posted at the begining at the tread...??

The link is still working...Point is...I am not sure you want that files...
Is like...

Ok, that was an experiment which lead to an extreamly slimmed down K-meleon...
A 0 eye-candy k-meleon... no icons ,only text and lots of functions which most of the people do not use them anyway gone..A k-meleon designed to run fast on my 7 years OOOOOOLD LAPTOP with little ram and stuff...(You got the ideia..)

Some of the people liked it some of them dismissed it...

Oh, the browser is up and running even now,,, I checked the link in rapid share...
So clearly some of them people like it this way...

If you are after a slimmed down K-meleon go for Fred`s stuff..

Beleive me he`s done a far better job than I ...

Cheers!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.