General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
how compile k-meleon on windows-7
Posted by: hitlar
Date: December 14, 2012 08:42AM

how compile k-meleon on windows-7 beacuse i couldn't get compilation detail plz help me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how compile k-meleon on windows-7
Posted by: KM User
Date: December 14, 2012 09:45AM

Do you mean build KMeleon from the source code ?
check this links:

Build KMeleon
Developer Docs
How to build K-Meleon

Date: December 14, 2012 10:00AM

yes, i want compile from source code

Date: December 14, 2012 11:32AM

hitlar

Well , here is link to source files .

k-meleon src

The last release there is 1.5 , i don't know about v1.6 & 1.7 .

I thank desga2 is the developer for v1.6 check Development section.

And if have programming skills , you can join to KMeleon developers with our welcomes.

Date: December 15, 2012 02:05AM

i got source but i couldnot find any compilation document, if any link or detail plz help

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 16, 2012 02:13PM

KM User
hitlar

Well , here is link to source files .

k-meleon src

The last release there is 1.5 , i don't know about v1.6 & 1.7 .

I thank desga2 is the developer for v1.6 check Development section.

And if have programming skills , you can join to KMeleon developers with our welcomes.

The source files from the repository include changes for 1.6 and 1.7. With Dorian's files for the k-meleon specific changes in the Mozilla 1.9 GRE (SeaMonkey 2.0.14. or the Firefox 3.5.19 source) and deadlock's help I managed to compile all components to create a 1.6beta. But I gave up on 1.7 because I could not find a way to compile the exe and finally on trying to compile anything because I did not get the 1.6exe stable.

Greetings and best seasonal wishes

Also greetings to disrupted just in case you by chance meet him / he was also in Your country when I last heard of him.

hitlar
i got source but i couldnot find any compilation document, if any link or detail plz help

You can AFAIK not build the current release as it is on Windows 7 because that Windows does not support VC7.1 / e.g Visual .Net 2003.

You can build K-Meleon 1.5.4 with some changes both for the GRE and K-Meleon.exe and the developer versions 1.6beta and 1.7 with VC8. K-Meleon 1.6 and 1.7 and their GREs can AFAIK be build with VC8 and VC9. You need the Professional Versions of the VC to get all headers, libs and tools.

On Windows 7 You need to need to start the Visual C 2005 Professional Edition as Administrator & for Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite this is probably also true.

Then You open K-Meleon Project source.

Your Visual C Version will warn You that the project files (*.vcproj) are from VC 7.1 and You must update them to VC8 or VC9.

Next You have to fix some things in the source or try to find out the exact settings You need in the VC project files. Dorian has some things set in the VC project files.

The rest has been covered in the first post by KM User. The instructions to build the GRE and create the K-Meleon specific changes. Read especially: Getting a command prompt for building GRE 1.9.1.x because that is valid for the 1.6 beta and also mostly for 1.7 alpha.

KM User
Do you mean build KMeleon from the source code ?
check this links:

Build KMeleon
Developer Docs
How to build K-Meleon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2012 02:17PM by guenter.

Date: December 17, 2012 02:58PM

guenter

The source files from the repository include changes for 1.6 and 1.7. With Dorian's files for the k-meleon specific changes in the Mozilla 1.9 GRE (SeaMonkey 2.0.14. or the Firefox 3.5.19 source) and deadlock's help I managed to compile all components to create a 1.6beta. But I gave up on 1.7 because I could not find a way to compile the exe and finally on trying to compile anything because I did not get the 1.6exe stable.

Greetings and best seasonal wishes

Also greetings to disrupted just in case you by chance meet him / he was also in Your country when I last heard of him.

Thanks guenter for the source files , your good effort in developing K-Meleon releases , hoping that you don't gave up in KM re-living.

Also thanks for km people that we don't see them much presently disrupted,dorian,desga2,KKO,siria .......

But sorry guenter i didn't meet Disrupted before .

Meine Grüße .

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.