General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Import of Firefox bookmars
Posted by: emil.sekula
Date: May 13, 2009 01:58PM

Hello
Is it possible to import Firefox bookmarks into K-Meleon ?
Regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Import of Firefox bookmars
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 14, 2009 11:57AM

Firefox until version 2 used Netscape bookmarks. Copy bookmarks.html directly to Your K-Meleon profile. If You do not want to overwrite and loose Your K-Meleon bookmarks - just bookmark the firefox bookmarks.html.

Firefox that do not use bookmarks.html. Go Firefox bookmarks manager export as html. That will create AFAIK a bookmarks.html. Then continue like before.

If You want to join bookmark collections use a Bookmarks manager (several are free) or use a workaround via IE favorites. K-Meleon can use IE favorites via favorites plugin directly & import them for use with Netscape bookmarks plugin. And IE can AFAIK create favorites from a bookmarks.html.

p.s. K-Meleon does not recognize the icons in Firefox bookmarks, breaks them and only has icons for places that are in his icon cache.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 12:00PM by guenter.

Date: May 14, 2009 12:57PM

What do you mean to K-Meleon profile ?

Date: May 14, 2009 05:38PM

emil.sekula
What do you mean to K-Meleon profile ?

Used Profile. You best find it via Edit -> Configuration -> Profile directory.

Else go to http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html. A little oudated about K-Meleon profiles location but good. He only shows the old default location that You still get when You un-selected multi user support during install. The current default is at %data%/K-meleon/... next to %apdata%/mozilla...

There where K-Meleon's own bookmarks.html is.

Date: May 15, 2009 08:24AM

I have tried it and I found that K-Meleon profile folder is: C:\Documents and Settings\Emil Sekula\Datos de programa\K-Meleon\wn8gehp0.default. There is bookmarks.html file. When I want to replace it with bookmarks.html file from Firefox nothing happens. I have still the same bookmarks.

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 15, 2009 10:32AM
Date: May 15, 2009 05:09PM

emil.sekula
C:\Documents and Settings\Emil Sekula\Datos de programa\K-Meleon\wn8gehp0.default. There is bookmarks.html file.

That is the right one - make sure You have the right to write there.

Date: May 18, 2009 09:50AM

To write what ? To write where ?

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 18, 2009 03:44PM

follow these steps:
1- go to firefox profile folder:
usually this path:
C:[documents and settings]Users[user name on pc]\Application Data[appdata on vista]\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\rgpm8l23.default[random weird name]

inside that folder, you should find your ff bookmarks.html ..right click on that file and select copy

2- open kmeleon.exe and click on edit menu>configuration submenu>profile directory
this should open your profile folder in windows explorer

now right click anywhere empty inside that folder and select paste..it will ask to overwrite the existing bookmarks.htm file..click yes..e voila, now you have copied ff bookmarks to be used wth kmeleon.

gunter means you will need to have adminstrative rights to copy files and overwrite them in the system folder.

Date: May 19, 2009 08:29AM

I have done as you told me and nothing change. I have still old bookmarks.
I have adminstrative rights.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 19, 2009 09:07AM

Don't forget to close K-Meleon before copying ..., and don't forget to stop the Loader too.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: May 20, 2009 08:37AM

Finally I have done it manually but thank you for your help.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.