General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Yahoo is getting nosy....
Date: May 30, 2009 07:34AM

I used to like Yahoo ..A lot better than Hotmail...One of the reason it was because Yahoo was not that intrusive like hotmail is...An other one..It was because back in the day when most of the peple would surf around with 20kb/sec most of the time Hotmail would not open...Yahoo would open all the time...So yeah...plenty of reasons to love Yahoo

But recently...

Wanna bet that your personal informations would still be copied to servers (Maybe not UK but still...copied to some server) even if you click no???

My favorite forums
http://www.graphixanstuff.com
http://www.closeprotectionworld.co.uk/index.php?referrerid=11530

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yahoo is getting nosy....
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 30, 2009 08:52AM

Gorilla no baka
Wanna bet that your personal informations would still be copied to servers (Maybe not UK but still...copied to some server) even if you click no???

Yes, likely.

They bugged me for half a year - what do You want with yahoo.com - DO You play football - bla. bla. Sign up to shift to yahoo.de.

When I did not comply to yahoo's bidding, they silently moved me - as if I was darft and did not know to read server location .de. sad smiley The same was done for a guy from .si // he asked at yahoo questions about it - because they moved the whole ID to Asia. I told him create a new one with idendical name at *.com, if needed via proxy - since it is automated; they will not notice and automat can not know only checks whether it exists. Bingo & Success!

2 weeks ago yahoo wanted another e.mail address - "In case, You loose Your pwd" sad smiley
I declined: "not now".

& so I signed up with hotmail. Next time they ask they get the address I created for them smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 08:58AM by guenter.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 30, 2009 09:35AM

About 3 months ago I got so mad at yahoo not filtering enough spam that I switched to gmail and couldn't be happier. I couldn't forward my email from yahoo without paying. You have to do that with all yahoo.com email addy's. I just told everyone my new address and so far no problems. I still check yahoo mail maybe once a week. Now I noticed some buttons no longer work without refreshing so I am glad I left.

Date: May 30, 2009 11:31AM

guenter
Gorilla no baka

2 weeks ago yahoo wanted another e.mail address - "In case, You loose Your pwd" sad smiley
I declined: "not now".
This one has been happening for a while to me too..

Not to mention the nosy questions that from time to time apear whn you log in...

How many kids hom many workers in your firm and stuff like that,,,Every time the question is different but you can actually see that they are following a pattern there (And to answer at the question :No i am not beeing paranoid...Just beeing aware...:coolsmiling smiley

They seem inocent enough at the first sight and you tend not to notice them but along the time they will acumulate an impresive amount of information about you ,your kids family ,tastes and stuff

The new email adress stuff and let`s set up you account recovery bollocks they are quite annoying...Because if you deny thy would not let you sign in...So you have to go back and type the adress again and log in again...

My favorite forums

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 11:34AM by Gorilla no baka.

Date: May 30, 2009 11:37AM

reeko124
About 3 months ago I got so mad at yahoo not filtering enough spam that I switched to gmail and couldn't be happier. I couldn't forward my email from yahoo without paying. You have to do that with all yahoo.com email addy's. I just told everyone my new address and so far no problems. I still check yahoo mail maybe once a week. Now I noticed some buttons no longer work without refreshing so I am glad I left.

Somehow i do not like Gmail...I have Gmail since back in the day when you needed an invitation to have one email account...They`re not so special..I use them as a online database to store my programs and stuff because at that time they were the only one to offer you unlimitated acces...

My favorite forums

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 30, 2009 02:27PM

looks like yahoo are reinnovating their advertisments.. must be hard being of the brink of bankruptcy. don't think it's government(big brother info gathering) related

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 30, 2009 02:54PM

It is ok that they advertise - the show must be financed somehow. All do adds.
I chose to see info I am interested anyway. That is my deal.

When throw bandwidth = $ out of the window with their pathetic browser switch that make visitors reload pages when they forget to spoof their favored browsers - Its not nice but they are mostly throwing away their own $$. grinning smiley

I am not pleased when they relocate my mail@ from my chosen location to one that they'd like. I had not agreed to that change of contract conditions. But I cannot do much. sad smiley

But when they try to find more of my mail@ I can do something... tongue sticking out smiley
& my new "life-mail" account got me some useful software already. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 02:55PM by guenter.

Date: May 30, 2009 06:13PM

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.