General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to position media playback window on a page
Posted by: Jason Roberts
Date: June 06, 2009 03:24AM

I have installed what I think is mplayer and flash for k-meleon .

Could someone please help with this: how do you position the video playback window on a page, say window size is 600 wide and 300 high and positioned at 100 px from left (x) and 100px from the top (y)

In the other browsers you do an object insertion (embedding). However I am totally lost in k-meleon. The object or player could be to playback Flash or files mplayer plays.

How do you go back to the previous screen at the end of playing a file using the installed mplayer. The program seems to hang at the end of play back What you see is ...Video loading...
Any or all tips appreciated

Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to position media playback window on a page
Posted by: Drahken
Date: June 06, 2009 02:23PM

Unless you've discovered something that I've been searching for for a long time, there's no mplayer plugin for windows based browsers. I suspect that what you're using is the VLC plugin. It also plays nearly any video format, but the browser plugin version has no player controls or access to menus/filters/settings/etc, and it always freezes or crashes your browser if you try to leave the page in any way before the video is finished playing (includes backpage, going to another uirl, closing the tab, etc). In short, it's a worthless pile of junk (which is why I have been attempting to find an mplayer version. There's an mplayer plugin for mozilla browsers for linux, but not windows).
For the time being, your only real options for media players in KM are windows player, quicktime/QTalternative, or realplayer/RPalternative.

As far as positioning it, I'm not clear on just what you're trying to do. Are you trying to position the video on a webpage? If so, the code is the same for all browsers. You can use an embed tag or an object tag (some people insist that object tags are the only proper way to do it, but embed tags are much simpler, more intuitive, and work just as well as object tags in any browser).
The height & width of the vid can be setup in the tag itself, or via css. The position has to be done via css. Example:

<embed src="http://example.com/video.avi" style="height:300px; width:600px; position:absolute; top:100px; left:100px;"></embed>

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 06, 2009 08:28PM

Style like Drahken does. Netscape plugins AFAIK understand Drahken's code well!

K-Meleon will also use "object" code when Media player is installed.
Test on http://home.htp-tel.de/sterntaler/test.html#plugins

<object classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" title="Playing: Unreconstructed Rebbel" style="width:600px; height:300px; position:absolute; top:100px; left:100px;">
<param name="filename" value="./musik/rebel.snafu">
<param name="autostart" value="false">
<param name="loop" value="-1">
</object>

You can use this second code to serve MS activeX & Netscape plugins.
Content type must be exact mimetype.
Here is a German list but the code info is international smiling smiley http://de.selfhtml.org/diverses/mimetypen.htm

Replace type="audio/x-midi" with Your content type.

"./" = in the same folder - to have local code testing or "./music/my.foo-content"

<div style="like above - can be also spaced by div containers or tables">
<object classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95">
<param name="filename" value="./3ravens.mid" />
<param name="autostart" value="true" />
<param name="loop" value="-1" />
<embed src="./3ravens.mid" type="audio/x-midi" autostart="true" loop="true"></embed>
</object>
</div>

p. s. Site of example code says: Reuse of html code is free and the reuse of gifs from this site is free for non profit, private home pages smiling smiley

Posted by: Drahken
Date: June 07, 2009 09:16PM

IE on windows that has issues with the embed tag (then again, IE has issues with anything that isn't owned by MS). The object tag is the preferred method for IE browsers & the embed tag is the preferred method for all other browsers (and the currently accepted "proper" way is to put an embed tag within an object tag, letting IE read the object tag & other browsers read the embed one).

More info: http://friendsofed.infopop.net/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=989094322&f=3483044165&m=5231054981

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2009 09:17PM by Drahken.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.