General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
fireftp port
Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 10, 2009 01:26AM

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/kmfireftp.7z
tools(webservices)> km fireftp

update: fix for advanced and log commands.. now working, only help and preferences not functional-preferences are mostly firefox overlays: open same tab new tab..pointless in km so prefernces.xul is deleted. fix for remembering passwords

download from same link.

edit2: to change settings, open fireftp.js(k-meleon\defaults\pref) in notepad and enit values manually..but no gui for prefs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 02:05AM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fireftp port
Posted by: caktus
Date: June 10, 2009 09:26PM

RE: 133.02 KBytes in 27 seconds

Pretty light. I was expecting at least 3+ to 4+ MBsmiling smiley.

I hope I have better luck with this one than I have experienced with many others.sad smiley In fact, I have never been capable of using FTP at all. But it's just me, not the FTP utilities. I guess I just can't comprehend the instructions offered by the many FTP Utilities. Even ISP's have tried giving me step-by-step and still I get lost on it. Obviously I haven't tried them ALL, but I've sure tried many over the years.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: June 10, 2009 09:51PM

you can test with kmeleon.holaservers.com

ftp address enter this: ftp.holaservers.com
username: anonymous2@freeuk.com
password: *******

Date: June 10, 2009 11:10PM

disrupted
you can test with kmeleon.holaservers.com

ftp address enter this: ftp.holaservers.com
username: anonymous2@freeuk.com
password: *******

I keep getting:

331 Username OK, please send password.
PASS (password not shown)
530 Login failed.
Unable to make a connection. Please try again.

Charlie

Date: June 11, 2009 12:00AM

er..this sounds like an incorrect password error..could be firewall.. make sure the password is exactly as shown in the image.. the password is case sensitive so make sure it's all smallcaps.

in case of firewall, in fireftp>edit accounts and select advanced tab?select passive.. this should make it login behind a firewall.

Date: June 11, 2009 08:19PM

@ disrupted

Thank you. But this time I keep getting "Unable to make a connection. Please try again." I assume only the KM browser needs to be in the fire wall list.

Last night I tried accessing my personal FTP web space using the Windows Web Pulishing Wizard and eventually it was successful, however the transfered item (index.html folder, the first transfer required by my ISP) did not appear at the FTP address. All that appeared on the ftp address was "Under Cunstruction" and the Hosts name/link. I contact the ISP Support and they said all they can do is give me the FTP Login information.

Having read about how FTP works, it seems it should be very simple.:s I have no trouble designing http(s) sights. So I guess I will just stick to HTTP.

Oh Well! Some times s(hhhh)tuff just don't happen. But thank you for helping me.smiling smiley

EDIT: Late braking news; I gave it one more try and it was successful.grinning smiley Now to see if it works with my personal web space from my ISP.

EDIT: Everything seems to be working as I can see/add/remove files/folders on my ftp site when using KM fireFTP. But when I try to access the ftp site I get the error "530 User anonymous denied." I Googled the error and learned that the ISP needs to "correct the DNS record for your site" what ever that means. But all the ISP will do is verify the Host Name, User ID, Password and Address. Is there a way that I can fix this?

Charlie

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 09:40PM by caktus.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.