General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
BKM stole my bookmarks (please help)
Posted by: KFan
Date: August 26, 2009 09:17PM

I installed the recommended BKM bookmark manager from the third party page, then I uninstalled it with Windows XP remove software control panel. It warned me of a common file that wasn't being used by anything else (wrong), so I let it delete it.

Now, all my KMLite bookmarks are gone AAARRRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was just trying to use a deleted file recovery tool in hopes I could find it, but I don't even know what I'm looking for... Please help.

KFan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BKM stole my bookmarks (please help)
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 26, 2009 10:17PM

That is no K-Meleon bug.

Go F2/Preferences > Configuration > Profile directory (so that You know where it is)

You want to undelete bookmarks.html either in K-Meleon Profile directory or in the data folder of the bookmarks manager (its old location). Hope it used the same format. Else i do not know.

Also look in profiles folder a for a bookmarks_backup.html - the newer versions of K-Meleon create a backup. No Idea whether K-Mlite does because the exe contains no proper info about what K-Meleon version it is.

p.s. Normal delete takes away the first digit/letter of the file name, that allows the OS to use that space when needed. So IMHO You have a chance if You know the folders, file name and did not start a file with an identical name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 10:18PM by guenter.

Re: BKM stole my bookmarks (please help)
Posted by: KFan
Date: August 26, 2009 10:49PM

Got em back.... Thank you very much!!!smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.