General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Cookie Culler
Posted by: ndebord
Date: June 04, 2009 04:42AM

Is there a way to setup a hot key for Cookie Culler?

Tks for listening.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookie Culler
Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 04, 2009 07:59PM

yes.. you're using cookieculler from alain's passpertwo, right?
download this macro and replace it with the original macro..
http://kmeleon.swiftfree.net/macros/cookieculler.kmm

i've set the accelerator to ctrl+alt+c because didn't seem taken by any thing else.. you can change it if you want

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- Cookie Culler (Cookie Culler) -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies : main.kmm (OpenURL)
# Resources : -
# Preferences : -
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cookieculler{
$OpenURL="chrome://cookieculler/content/CookieCuller.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
}

# ----- PRIVATE

_cookieculler_BuildMenu{

# Creates a new "main menu" item that is called "Download Helper"
#setmenu(Main,popup,"&Extensions","&Help");
# edit menu
#setmenu("&Extensions",macro,"Cookie Culler",cookieculler);
setmenu(PrivacySecurity,macro,"Cookie Culler",cookieculler,-1);

_cookieculler_SetAccels{
setaccel("CTRL ALT C","macros(cookieculler)");

}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_cookieculler_SetAccels;_cookieculler_BuildMenu;";

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."cookieculler;";

Date: June 05, 2009 02:05AM

Thanks Disrupted,

That did the trick. I change the macro to ALT C, which is what I had been using with Cookie Monster. I've been reading the tea leaves in Mozila Foundation and see that Cookie Culler is or will be hopefully designed to work with FF 3 code, which is also what will be used with SM 2... So I think that unless we go in a different direction than SQLite, I will still have a cookie manager available for use with KM.

(I could be wrong, as I am just an end user... enthusiastic, but still...!)

<g>

N

Date: September 05, 2009 06:39PM

Disrupted,

I mention this from Cookie Culler's author: "(October 9, 2006) A short update regarding future versions of CookieCuller: I've given up trying to make CookieCuller compatible with the Clear Prive Data functionality in Firefox 1.5 & 2. As of now, the only version you might see in the future, assuming I ever find the time to do it, is one which incorporates the newer 1.5+ Cookie Manager UI plus whatever enhancements I can quickly throw in. When might you see this version? Don't ask because I don't know."

I think, if we do like FF 3.5.xxx and SM 2.0.xxx, which means SQLite, that we'll have to come up with entirely new ways to handle passwords, cookies, history and bookmarks. SIGH

N

Date: September 05, 2009 09:00PM

yeah sad smiley i do hope that dorian comes with a way to migrate to gecko without needing sqlite.. on the other hand not using sqlite, we'll be missing some of the newer extensions but i think we don't really need them.. besides update to adblockplus which nolonger supports km but most of the filters work with the km version.

i'm no big fan of sqlite either..

Date: September 06, 2009 03:53AM

disrupted
yeah sad smiley i do hope that dorian comes with a way to migrate to gecko without needing sqlite.. on the other hand not using sqlite, we'll be missing some of the newer extensions but i think we don't really need them.. besides update to adblockplus which nolonger supports km but most of the filters work with the km version.

i'm no big fan of sqlite either..

disrupted,

If not Adblock, what about NoScript? Are both of these vital (but not absolutely essential) addons going bye bye???

(FWIW, my absolutely essential addons are Cookie Culler and FlashBlock and GUL which I use for my permanent bookmarks, while using the regular bookmark manager for my temporary settings.

I've also been experimenting with using FaView as a potential substitute for using bookmarks if KM goes to SQLite. I'll still keep GUL then as my permanent archival system and do all my temporary stuff with FaView.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 03:55AM by ndebord.

Date: September 06, 2009 04:23PM

yes, adblockplus is a let down but it will always work, only some of the newer ad ded subscriptions might not work with our version but the addon itself will always be functional. noscript is overhyped bullshit written by a scriptkiddie who actually thinks he's a developer(maone). i removed it from kmext ages ago.. it's just a gui for settings that are already included within any mozilla.

policy manager addon works way better..written by an honest man , works in all mozilla browsers

if you have noscript installed whether on km, firefox or seamonkey..uninstall it immediately and install the better addon for blocking javascript:

http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_policymanager.html.en

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/7066

km policy manager adaptation is on the extensions page under privacy

Date: September 06, 2009 09:07PM

disrupted

policy manager addon works way better..written by an honest man , works in all

disrupted,

SO, either you go to the author's website and download there and install or you go to your website and download your adaptation, no???

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/kmpolicies.7z

(I did yours, using keih to install and that's it, right? Now it is just a matter of using it with sites?)

Call me slighlty confused here. <whimper>

N

Date: September 06, 2009 09:21PM

no, the ones at hiroshi's site are for browsers supporting xpi service.. i just added his page for maybe trolling fireslut or seamonkey users who still think noscript is the best thing since sliced shit

only the one adapted for k-meleon will work (kmext\ privacy)

tutorial on using policy manager with k-meleon:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,91203,91489

Date: September 06, 2009 09:59PM

disrupted
no, the ones at hiroshi's site are for browsers supporting xpi service.. i just added his page for maybe trolling fireslut or seamonkey users who still think noscript is the best thing since sliced shit

only the one adapted for k-meleon will work (kmext\ privacy)

tutorial on using policy manager with k-meleon:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,91203,91489

disrupted,

Thanks, got it and it is loaded... now to play with it. Hotkey, please??? <G>

N

Date: September 06, 2009 10:30PM

i don't like to mess with accels and leave them to the user as to not conflict with other non-default accels the user might have set..it's very easy to add an accel to the macro e.g for policy manager

_policyman_SetAccels{
setaccel("CTRL ALT P","macros(policy)");

}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_policyman_SetAccels;policy_BuildMenu;";
# --------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."policy;";

add those line at the end of the policyman.kmm macro

Date: September 07, 2009 03:54AM

disrupted
i don't like to mess with accels and leave them to the user as to not conflict with other non-default accels the user might have set..it's very easy to add an accel to the macro e.g for policy manager

_policyman_SetAccels{
setaccel("CTRL ALT P","macros(policy)");

}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_policyman_SetAccels;policy_BuildMenu;";
# --------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."policy;";

add those line at the end of the policyman.kmm macro

disrupted,

Slowly I'm beginning to understand some aspects of the macro language, and the hot key is good. Thanks.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.