General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Password file
Posted by: oldnavy
Date: September 06, 2009 07:59PM

Hi,
Please can somebody say me which file(s) in Kmeleon 1.53 profile is (are) responsible for saved passwords. Suddenly I lost all of my saved passwords and would like to back up them for future.
Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 08:01PM by oldnavy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Password file
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 06, 2009 08:57PM
Date: September 06, 2009 09:44PM

@desga2,
Thank you very much for helping.
And one more question:
If I saved only file *.s somewhere may I place this file in new profile as is or I have to copy contents of a saved file to new *.s file?
Thanks.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 07, 2009 07:27AM

The *.s real, complete name is reverenced in prefs.js You can edited that - but I find it easiest to log into one page so that k-meleon edits prefs.js and I copy/caste the content of the old *.s file into the fresh *.s.

1.5 Profiles are self contained (unless You changed it to use files like bookmars.html from other folders). Since 1.5 I normally copy the profiles folder to a new location e. g. to a K-Meleon I want to test. A K-Meleon that finds an undamaged profile on his first start will use this.

If K-Meleons suddenly (after a windows crash/scandisk run) lost data such as password or bookmarks. It is usually that the old profiles.ini took damage.
K-Meleon did not find the old profile after that & started a new profile. To repair this You edit in this file "Path=" to point to the old profile.

It is rare that other files than profiles.ini are effected by scandisk runs.

p.s. A K-Meleon extention called bookmarks backup exist and can automatically backup the internal profiles files once a day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 09:34AM by guenter.

Date: September 07, 2009 04:54PM

Thanks, guenter, for your very detailed information. It is exactly that I need.
I will try suggested by You extension.

My best wishes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 04:56PM by oldnavy.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.