General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Please Help .....
Posted by: dana1971
Date: June 08, 2009 12:42PM

Hi. I just downloaded this browser, and I Love it....there are only 2 things about it that it won't do that my last browser ( slimbrowser ) would do, and I am wondering if there is an option somewhere to fix these 2 problems.

Problem 1) I watch a site called www.watchthedeer.com and when I right click on a piture, and open it in a new tab, I like to zoom the picture in to get a better view, but when the page refreshes, it keeps going back to original size. In slimbrowser, after you zoomed in as much as you wanted, it stayed there.

Problem 2) I also watch a site called DakotaWild, and when I would right click on a camera, in slimbrowser there was the little camera where you just click, and it takes a picture ( they have contests and you have to take pics ) but when I click on a camera in K-Meleon the little camera icon is not there.

If Anyone can help me with either/and/or both of these problems, I would Greatly appreciate it.

Dana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please Help .....
Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 08, 2009 04:34PM

your first request; i don't think it's doable..since km will load the pic in its original size as dictated by the site.

the second thing; i'ven't tested dakota-wild but if the camera icon is missing only in kmeleon then it's most likely a problem with the website browser-detector.. try this:
in tools menu>select useragent and select firefox and refresh the page..hopefully it will show the camera icon.. if it's still not showing then maybe the site only works internet explorer and shells for it.. you might try this.. in user agent menu>select custom and enter this string:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; SPINWAY.COM; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
refresh the page again.. if the camera thing uses javascript commands that are trident-only compatible, then the icon will show but it won;t necessarily work.. but most likely the icon will show with the firefox string.

Date: June 08, 2009 05:18PM

I tried both, and nothing works. I remember now when I tried Firefox once, the little camera would not show on the Dakota site, and that's why I ended up going back to slimbrowser, which is IE Based. I don't think KM or Firefox is IE Based.
I Love this KM Browser, and wish I could fix at least the problem on the Dakota site. Thank you so much for trying to help me.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: June 08, 2009 06:18PM

could it be active x related disrupted?

Date: June 08, 2009 07:03PM

I don't know. I don't know how to check active x.
I am using windows xp home.

Date: June 08, 2009 07:06PM

I was asking disrupted that question grinning smiley I have not a clue what it could be I even went and joined and couldn't get it to work.

Date: June 08, 2009 07:24PM

It's something in KM and Firefox. IE and any other IE based browser doesn't have the problem. I know in slimbrowser it has an option you can check to use IE Settings, which is what I had it set to do when I used that browser. I love KM and don't want to switch back. I contacted the webmaster of the site...maybe it's something within the site that doesn't support non IE based browsers.

Wish that zoom button would stay zoomed, and not go back to original size after the page refreshes on watchthedeer :mad:

Date: June 08, 2009 07:42PM

we need an exact link(where the camera icon is visible) to test out.. if this camera thing is not available in firefox, then that script is likely a non-standard javascript(bad code).. but that doesn't explain why the camaera icon isn't showing when you change the agent to ie..try clearing cookies first and restart the browser and unselect reset agent to default.. and test again..
worst case scenario you'll be able to use that feature with ietab extension within kmeleon.. but first i need a direct link to where that camera thing is visible.. there are 3 dakotawild sites

dakotawild.net
dakotawild.com and dakota-wild.com .. we cannot help yu without a direct link

Date: June 08, 2009 07:57PM

Direct link is http://www.dakota-wild.com/
After joining, there are 4 camera's per page...right click on one, and bring up in new tab. Look toward the bottom, and it will say, Snapshots are saved to your computer under My Documents, etc...
It also has a chat option under each camera. That is still there with KM.
Just the camera icon to take a picture is missing, BUT under the PTZ CAM, the camera IS there with KM.

Date: June 08, 2009 08:00PM

Also in KM under Tools, and User Agent, IE is Not an option.
I have Default, Firefox 2.0, Seamonkey 1.1, and Custom under User Agent.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 08, 2009 09:13PM

Are you tried with Firefox 2 or K-Meleon with Firefox 2 user agent string?
Do you have activeX plugin installed in K-Meleon? You can check it in Help -> Plugins.

It's possible that you need activeX or WindowsMediaPlayer plugin.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: June 08, 2009 09:20PM

I have tried with the firefox 2 user agent, and nothing changes.
I went to my plugins...there is A LOT in there, but nowhere do I see anthing that says active x.
Where, how do I get this active x for KM?

Date: June 08, 2009 11:30PM

"snapshots are saved on your computer under my documents in a folder titled AXIS MEDIA CONTROL"

http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/tech_notes/browsers.htm

1. activex for kmeleon:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions,
useragent>CUSTOM
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; SPINWAY.COM; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

OR

2. ietab extension http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions

OR

3. capture plus extension
http://kmext.sourceforge.net

Date: June 09, 2009 11:20AM

Thanks so much for all your help.
I downloaded the active x plugin, and put in the custom agent, and it didn't fix it...but it did cause 2 problems that I don't want, so I have to ask...how to I Uninstall the plugin?

I want to try the option 3 you have shown where you can right click and save a picture as JPEG. When I click on [kmext.sourceforge.net] I don't see capture plus extension anywhere, and I don't want to install the wrong thing.

Again, ty so much for your help.

Date: June 09, 2009 11:29AM

Option 2 and 3 extensions are saving in a wierd form that it says windows can not open after I download them.
I hate activex. I need it off

Date: June 09, 2009 11:52AM

dana1971
Option 2 and 3 extensions are saving in a wierd form that it says windows can not open after I download them.
I hate activex. I need it off

Click on Tools go down to where it says ActiveX and a window to the right should show a check mark. Uncheck it. It should tell you that you need to restart KM. Do that and you should be good to go grinning smiley

You can also press F2, go down the left pane to the words K-Meleon Plugins. Click on that if it isn't show its sub directories. Under that click on Macro Extension. Now go to the right of the pane and you will see activex4wmp. Uncheck that and restart your browser. Either way I showed should work.

You said you hate ActiveX. Thats a property of internet explorer grinning smiley

Reeko

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 11:57AM by reeko124.

Date: June 09, 2009 12:10PM

Ok, got axtivex off, thank you, and that's why I hate IE, lol.
Gotta ask, after you click F2, under K-Meleon Plugins, the last one I have in my list is utils, and out by it, it says ( no information available )
The box is Not checked beside it either.

I need to know how option 3 is done. I can't find how to right click on one of those camera's and save the pic as a JPEG, and when I try to download a plugin, it downloads it in a strange way that windows says it can't open.

Date: June 09, 2009 12:20PM

capture plus
Thats the one you want.

Do you have winrar or 7zip installed on your computer? Can your normally open zip or rar files?

Reeko

Date: June 09, 2009 12:33PM

Ok, where to I get Capture Plus?
I didn't see anything that said that in the Huge list of plugins. Also when I do download a plugin, there not downloading in zip form. It looks like a white page like, with red and blue like dots on it, and when I double click on it, it says windows can not open this file. Also, just to let you know, I have user agent back to default.

Date: June 09, 2009 12:43PM

The plugins are downloading as an app

Posted by: Paul
Date: June 09, 2009 12:44PM

reeko124

Do you have winrar or 7zip installed on your computer? Can your normally open zip or rar files?

Reeko

Try downloading 7zip from here...

http://www.7-zip.org/

Date: June 09, 2009 12:58PM

I downloaded winrar and it changed the plugin, when I click on it, it asks where I want to Extract to...options are:
Macros
Tools
XSRC

Where do I extract to, and how do I see if it took.

I know I am being a pain, and I'm sorry. You guys are being SO nice to help me.
TY

Date: June 09, 2009 01:10PM

Copy and paste the unopened rar file into the K-Melelon folder, then right click the file and select open here. The files will automatically place themselves in the correct sub-folders. smiling smiley

Date: June 09, 2009 02:04PM

she might have to make the tools folder if it isn't already there. Do exactly as he said I normally right click the file and click on extract files and lead it to the same folder as he does and it places everything where it needs to go. Its the same thing and basically the same steps involved.

Reeko

Date: June 09, 2009 02:10PM

Removed due to incompetence sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 02:16PM by Paul.

Date: June 09, 2009 02:19PM

dana1971
I know I am being a pain, and I'm sorry. You guys are being SO nice to help me.
TY

No need to appologize. Just think about it you know how to get into preferences, find the macros, and now how to install a plugin. We've all been there before. I have never seen a more helpful message board in my life.

I have been to forums 100 times the size of this one and asked a question and never got a response. Was it because I asked a question they percieved dumb, or they didn't know the answer? When a question gets asked here you either find the solution or people try and can't.

Date: June 09, 2009 02:21PM

Paul
Removed due to incompetence sad smiley

I've been there. I didn't read what you posted before you edited it though lol

Date: June 09, 2009 03:42PM

ok b4 I do this, I want to tell u step by step what I think you're saying to do.
I have the plugin saved to Desktop. I right click on it, and click Copy.
Then I go to C, Program Files, then find the KMeleon Folder, double click on the kmeleon folder then while it is open, right click, and choose extract here...is that right??

I did just as described above, and I have a TOOLS Folder inside my KMeleon folder, and I doubleclicked on it, and it shows a Capplus folder, then when I click on that, it has several things in it...one being an exe called capplus.exe
Am I to click on something in there because when I go to Dakota and right click on a camera, I am still not getting the option to save the pic as a jpeg.

Date: June 09, 2009 04:21PM

let me download it and I will try to go step by step

Date: June 09, 2009 04:33PM

ok, and TY

Pages: 12Next