General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
KM 1.7db- freezes
Posted by: KMfan1
Date: August 30, 2013 01:19PM

Hello.

I am using a dugbug version 1.7db- because no one else has the history working (1.6 either) and displays almost every page (including yahoo mail) and so on.

But i have a problem. When i try to write in a forum and i try to upload some pictures to this forum ( the upload service is servimg.com ) KM freezes (even now when i am writing, it freezed and i am using another browser to write). I think it does that after uploading several pictures. I can't even open a new tab ( i mean i can open it but it is not loading to home page)

What can it be?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM 1.7db- freezes
Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 01, 2013 08:08PM

@ LMfan1

I do not have a solution to the version 1.7 problem, I do have a 1.6 version where the history and just about everything else runs OK.

Try this version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2dot6_en-US.7z

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: September 02, 2013 08:06AM

Thank for your feedback!

But i do not thik you are right. Take a look at this:

The Google page does not show right. Can't compose mail in Yahoo. the offline/online etc messenger it not show etc.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 02, 2013 11:28AM

You have to remember that the display engine in KM is quite old. Mozilla quit providing new code for us nearly two years ago. If the sites that you use are expecting HTML 5 code to run correctly in the browser, KM cannot run that level of code. This might also apply to Javaccript also.

The history does work.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: September 02, 2013 02:06PM

So what is the reason to use K-Meleon 1.6.0 beta 2.6 if it can't display pages correctly? I use 1.7db- and it opens almost every page (the important ones that i need to open). The only bug so far is that freeze when i try to upload some images. What can be done?

Date: September 02, 2013 04:23PM

Never mind, i found on my computer a older version of 1.7db- that is much better then the one i had, and it doesn't freeze.

But still i think that 1.6 is absolete.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 03, 2013 03:00PM

You can get every 1.7-history working just by changing 1 file (all info is inside db-archive)

Date: September 04, 2013 04:51AM

Thanks! Now everything is working great! I think that KM 1.7db- with Privacy add-on (site advisor, dr web, norton safe web etc) is the best!

Date: September 04, 2013 04:08PM

Try KM Twin! And after that we'll have a talk! $-)

Date: September 05, 2013 08:20AM

rodocop
Try KM Twin! And after that we'll have a talk! $-)

I did try it!

-KM 1.6 slow. Very slow!
-KM 1.7db+ good but a little bit heavy on consumption and scrolling pages.

I stick with mine now. Next one will be KM 17.db+ from KM TWIN !

Date: September 06, 2013 11:44PM

KM Twin contains (along with 1.6) a copy of KM 1.7 based on db+ build plus some useful extras. And fine tuned to the optimal performance.
You even are able to run 1.7 from 1.6.

1.6 is severely more mature, stable and functional (read KM Twin threads) but there are a couple of sites out there that are rendered better by 1.7 engine.

Moreover, KM TWin may be extended by Google ChromeFrame engine which makes possible to open modern incompatible pages with Chrome engine inside new KM tab.

Posted by: as_983
Date: September 08, 2013 02:57PM

Please where can I download this version KM 1.7db

Date: September 09, 2013 07:49PM

Here it goes <-click to download

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2013 07:49PM by rodocop.

Posted by: as_983
Date: September 09, 2013 08:16PM

Thx smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.