General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Scroogle
Posted by: bellgamin
Date: October 16, 2009 09:31PM

How can I get K-mel to use the Scroogle search engine?

P.S. I am a computer doofus, therefore I need step-by-step instructions --- Please!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scroogle
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 16, 2009 09:52PM

bellgamin
How can I get K-mel to use the Scroogle search engine?

P.S. I am a computer doofus, therefore I need step-by-step instructions --- Please!

Assuming you do not have Scroogle at all in your list of search engines:

Click on Tools/Web Search/Configure/Search Engines/Add
in the first line type in: Scroogle
in the second line type in: http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=

(Right click on the above Scroogle line to copy the URL and then PASTE it into the second line. As the forum software won't show the actual code used and in this fashion you can copy and paste it in. IF that isn't working for you, the line is as follows, but remove the spaces between the elements.

scroogle . org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=

Click on Close:

Start over:

Tools/Web Search/Configure/WEB SEARCH/Add Entry

Scroll down to Scroogle and click on it. This should add Scroogle to your list of engines that are available to you to use as your default search engine.

Now look at Tools/Web Search. Scroogle should now be in your list of engines. You need to remove the check mark next to USE AS DEFAULT ENGINE, then use Scroogle for any kind of search. If you look Scroogle now should have the check mark instead of whatever was used before. Now go down to DEFAULT ENGINE and click on it to put a check mark there that will LOCK IN Scroogle as your default search engine.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 09:55PM by ndebord.

Posted by: bellgamin
Date: October 17, 2009 02:09AM

Per your suggestion, I entered h t t p ://w w w. scroogle.org / cgi-bin/ nbbw.cgi?Gw= (without the spaces) & -- it works perfectly.

Domo arigato. Many thanks!!!

Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 17, 2009 12:41PM

bellgamin
Per your suggestion, I entered h t t p ://w w w. scroogle.org / cgi-bin/ nbbw.cgi?Gw= (without the spaces) & -- it works perfectly.

Domo arigato. Many thanks!!!

bellgamin,

You're welcome. Glad it worked out for you.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.