General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: Anyone still using kmeleon?
Posted by: i. ri.
Date: September 09, 2014 01:47AM

me too. numbers. thanks, guenter. I was looking for it ther the other night and missed it somehow. now to find how fantastic the statistics reporting break-down. most impressive is the lack of questions in forum for that many downloads. that means good job right? y'all pat self on back, please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 09, 2014 04:16PM

siria
:O W-H-O-A!! :O Thanks for the links!
Shock-1: TONS more than I had dared to hope!!
Shock-2: 2/3 of downloads are still KM1.5.4, and even with RC being out last month, can't believe it!!

i. ri.
me too. numbers. thanks, guenter. I was looking for it ther the other night and missed it somehow. now to find how fantastic the statistics reporting break-down. most impressive is the lack of questions in forum for that many downloads. that means good job right? y'all pat self on back, please.

It is hard to find the entry point. It is on the download page if You click K-Meleon. I knew that the page existed, mainly because it was easier to find some years ago, but now I also had to search the entry. I clicked everthing there. grinning smiley

High numbers?

European Ballot Screen

K-Meleon is on Microsoft's European Ballot Screen but on the second tier pane where You have to scroll to find it. So K-Meleon had many downloads a day since the ballot was introduced.

Downloads This Year

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon/stats/os?dates=2014-01-01%20to%202014-09-09

Operating System        Downloads
Windows 	        171,436
Unknown 	         56,122
Linux 	                  1,772
Android 	            947
Macintosh 	            633
BSD 	                      7
Total	                230,917

I know BSD has wine, disrupted used it. But there are sure weird downloads like.

That peek this year is 23 088 on the 06.05.2014. Any idea why?

Downloads Since 2001

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2014 04:38PM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage05.gif (24.3 KB)  
Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 28, 2014 10:57AM

Wow! Russia is the most K-Meleonized country! Big surprise!

Date: September 28, 2014 04:59PM

rodocop
Wow! Russia is the most K-Meleonized country! Big surprise!

Maybe? It fluctuates during time.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon/stats/map?dates=2014-01-01+to+2014-09-28 And click on the most common country by download to get stats by country. It is interesting.

18.39 h 2014/09/28 Germany has as many downloads as the US. Userbase in % of nationals in France, Poland and Spain is IMHO even higher than in Germany or Russia.... The populations there are smaller.

The Russian version is the most common (Russia, Ukraina & some countries) together with the Chinese and the English version. English is common because it is used by many nations that have no translation of their own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 06:02PM by guenter.

Posted by: fred from nl
Date: October 04, 2014 05:22PM
Posted by: siria
Date: October 04, 2014 06:13PM

Great! I like the hint about having to enable PrivBar and MouseGestures smiling smiley
Missing just a hint about Skins (or simply replace the gruesome gray default background with any user-pic)... and a hint about macros/extensions... found in Extensions-subforum, in kmext.sf.net, and a few on the neglected page kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/MacroLibrary... ah yes and to right-click, right-click, right-click whenever looking for a function ;-)

Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: October 05, 2014 01:33AM

"Last but not least, they have also a forum. People are friendly and willing to help".............

Posted by: ohoi
Date: May 12, 2015 02:08AM

I prefer kameleon for kill many feature when I don't need. Please convert all feature thats not html from server side to old html in client side.

Posted by: K-M User
Date: May 24, 2015 02:38PM

I use it and i love it!

Posted by: rjf
Date: June 03, 2015 04:27PM

Still using it.

Long Live K-Meleon!!!

Posted by: albertna
Date: June 07, 2015 04:54AM

best browser from last 12 years

Posted by: Pernes Arin
Date: September 25, 2015 11:39AM

Hello Dorian
I have an old computer with onky 192 mb ram (toshiba satellite 2655)
I can use only win200.....tha last kameleon on win 2000 is alfa 1.70 a2 based on firefox 3.6.28...can you make a variant based on firefox 12?
Is a huge difference between them in html5test.com
Thank you in advance

Posted by: Pernes Arin
Date: September 25, 2015 11:41AM

Hello Gunter
I can use only win200.....the last kameleon on win 2000 is alfa 1.70 a2 based on firefox 3.6.28...can you make a variant based on firefox 12?
Thank you in advance

Date: September 25, 2015 12:04PM

K-Meleon 75 is usable under Win2k with some dll-wrappers.
Search the forum or wait for comrade JohnHell who does use KM75 with Win2k. (try to register and send PM to him)

P.S. And sure you can install WinXP - with some basic slimming down (or more advanced one) it runs on 128Mb of RAM. (I have one taking 150Mb from start WITH Themes support - but if you'll switch themes engine and other desktop effects off - it will fit in 100Mb)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2015 01:31PM by rodocop.

Posted by: panzer
Date: October 01, 2015 02:17PM
Date: October 01, 2015 09:18PM

Pernes Arin
Hello Gunter
I can use only win200.....the last kameleon on win 2000 is alfa 1.70 a2 based on firefox 3.6.28...can you make a variant based on firefox 12?
Thank you in advance

No I cannot do such a build based on an earlier Firefox.

Search forum for aimfieds post of a 74 early version patched for Win2000.
AFAIR no system alterations in the Win2000 were needed.

There are patches for Win2000 to become more like modern Systems.
But they are not available for a Romanian PC system.

If You can get them unpacked they are usable. But they can not be installed.
They are mostly Japanese and English. I could not install on a German system either.

nlite can be used to strip XP and reduce its minimum requirements. That is an option too. In case You can get hold of an XP corporate CD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2015 09:47PM by guenter.

Date: October 01, 2015 10:03PM

What the great geek-party! :O:drool:

Posted by: martin_zepigue
Date: November 03, 2015 05:49PM

Hello!
I discovered K-meleon just a few days ago and I find really impressive. I m currently running it on a very old computer (100- Mo of RAM) and I'm not disappointed, as it is much faster than Firefox with the same rendering.

I even can watch videos on YouTube now ! Thanks to the dev !

Posted by: Mikk
Date: December 11, 2015 05:49AM

Hi Martin,

can you say more about your very old computer? I have a very old computer too but I don't know if even older than you or not. I would like to check the posibility to view Youtube videos when you say you can do it. Till now I think I can't and if anyway, than only indirectly and non-properly. But who knows?

Posted by: david
Date: February 06, 2016 08:31AM

Hi,
i use it now and must say, its much better than firefox, chrome, opera etc.!
Thanks!

Date: February 06, 2016 02:51PM

Welcome to community, David!

Posted by: Daveski17Too
Date: February 24, 2016 12:19AM

I'm using K-Meleon again and I'm glad to see it back. I recently put it on an elderly relative's machine that still runs Vista. She was worried about losing Chrome after Google stop supporting Chrome on XP & Vista. She thinks K-Meleon is better than Chrome now!

Posted by: msea
Date: February 27, 2016 07:20AM

I am using it for the first time. I like it. It is speeding up my old laptop. Very old laptop.. :O

Posted by: K
Date: February 27, 2016 04:21PM

Dorian
Hello,

It's been a while. How are you, for those who didn't defect yet ?
You can't say kmeleon is dead yet since it's still in the ballot screen. Which I think is really funny.

So I was bored and guess what, I've updated kmeleon to work with the latest mozilla release (25). You can download K-Meleon 74. ANd you will need the XRE, either from FF or from here

If someone could make it a bit more usable by tweaking chrome and macros, this would be nice. As you can see I've just used firefox xulrunner. I'm not sure how much usable it can be, probably not much, but looks like it works. I'm posting this message with it.

I remember using k-meleon in like early 2000's for a few years. Just right now i was having a discussion with my mate in irc over how the current state of internet has gone to shit. Then I tried to look up gopher protocol and remembered how k-meleon supported it.

Just dropped in to say hello.

I dont even use windows anymore because windows 10 is pretty bad and because of the stuff it does, i cant morally justify using it anymore.

having strong nostalgia right about the simple interface, the throbber and how everything was so nice and clean and using k-meleon was such a breeze when i was just a kid.

Thank you to whoever is still keeping this project up and running.
I'm just about to somehow clear an electronics and computer science course in a few months, i dont have any development experience and i havent worked with any real software. I also saw the bug reports piling up in the bug section.
Wish i could somehow help but i havent programmed anything other course exercises.

So yeah, strong nostalgia and i still love this browser smiling smiley

suggestion: probably migrate this project to github

Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: August 12, 2016 02:35PM

I have been using K-Meleon since, i think, 2010, and it has become my beloved favourite browser. The control it gives and the customization it offers to the user is indeed unmatched and not found in any other browsers.

Like my another fav app Q-Dir's author says ONCE Q-DIR ALWAYS Q-DIR, the same is true about K-Meleon. It actually sticks with my computer experience and I cant imagine using internet without it.

Recently I tested Firefox 43, spent 10 hours to install ad-dons etc, but then I actually hated it. There is no control and customization and that Australis (or whatever it is) omg, are they giving candies to kids?
And the major flaw is that it does not respect my host file, no ExEPermission control, no policy manager, no menus, no status bar,... a long list.
K-Meleon rules.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2016 03:16PM by WasiAzeem.

Posted by: coldblackcoffee
Date: August 19, 2016 12:11PM

HEY!
found this amazing simply browser this afternoon, it's looks simple as lovely as i could wish.

switching to ditch my Friedfox now. (they used to be this simple too you know)

Posted by: Yuri
Date: September 26, 2016 04:34PM

The Best Of The Best Browser, my favorite forever, now. Thanks for work!

Posted by: bellgamin
Date: February 23, 2017 09:26AM

Still using beloved Kmel -- until death do us part!

Posted by: Mikk
Date: March 08, 2017 09:49PM

An Internet friend of me, we spoke about chameleons an I said I'm using a chameleon as browser - the K-Meleon. He answered using Maxthon and I was surprised as he said that K-Meleon is a fast browser, he used it in past - the 1st human being in my enviroment knowing what is K-Meleon before I told him about itgrinning smiley. And few minutes later he: "Now I installed K-Meleon." smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 09:51PM by Mikk.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 09, 2017 07:07PM

Mikk
1st human being in my enviroment knowing what is K-Meleon before I told him about it.

It is true that K-Meleon is not well known. However, those who do know, LOVE KM.

Pages: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.