General :  K-Meleon Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Anyone still using kmeleon?
Posted by: Nik
Date: March 18, 2017 02:59PM

Hi,

My computer died, so I had to temporarily use my old P-3 Celeron 1Ghz 512Mb RAM desktop running Windows XP. Looked around for a browser that would support my old machine and none did, except K-meleon.

I thought I'd use K-meleon for a day or two before I get myself a new PC. However, I fell in love with the browser right from the word go. It is so versatile and convenient and fun to use. I had used Opera browser before and had to put up with problems playing audio on some sites. To my amazement, K-meleon plays all online audio that Opera wouldn't!

Part of the reason I had liked Opera was that it had a feature that helped circumvent censorship and site blocking. Again to my amazement, K-meleon makes circumventing site blocking a breeze.

I especially like the easy and convenient way to enable and disable. at will, Javascript, Popups an Images. It makes browsing lightnening fast even with old machines like mine.

K-meleon works on my old desktop so well, that I've postponed buying a new PC for now. K-meleon does a great job and I don't feel any urgency to rush and buy a new machine.

In fact, I like K-meleon so much, that I think I will stick with it and use it as my default browser even when I get a new PC.

Thanks to the K-meleon developer! To create a browser that, in my humble opinion, is better than the likes of Opera and Google Chrome is simply mind boggling! You are God!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Joerg
Date: March 18, 2017 08:19PM

I do agree 100%, since I detected KM one year ago it became my main browser on all of my machines (WinXp - Win10, Linux). It's lean, fast and handy to use. Great job, thanks to the developpers!

Posted by: J.G.
Date: April 19, 2017 05:51AM

I'm using latest K-Meleon 76RC Portable by Rodocop since two days and everything works very fine for me. No complaint at all. smiling smiley

Date: April 21, 2017 04:04AM

K-Meleon it's a must have browser for Windows 10 users: it allows Shockwave games! smiling smiley

Posted by: amir
Date: April 25, 2017 11:22AM

K-Meleon is the only browser that I could stick with it, thanks to the developers, thanks.

Posted by: niles
Date: April 29, 2017 05:01AM

What a pleasant surprise. I'm using K-Meleon 76 RC and it is so responsive, most other browsers have become laggy on this notebook hardware.

Posted by: foliator
Date: April 30, 2017 01:06AM

I discovered K-Meleon two years ago after giving up on Internet Explorer, and KM has been my choice ever since then. It's stable, super fast and can be extensively customized without having to install large extensions that hog resources.

Meanwhile I've tried a few other browsers, including Firefox, Pale Moon and a couple of Chrome clones. I wasn't happy with any of them, but have kept one of the Chrome clones available in case of sites that KM can't handle. However, so far I've only run across one site like that, and it's not important enough to even worry about, so I often find myself wondering if I really need to keep the alternate browser. When a site stops working properly it's often because of some crappy JavaScript code. I can't be bothered with sites that make themselves incompatible with a perfectly good browser that complies with web standards.

-----

Using KM 75.0 on Windows 7 (x86)

Posted by: Happy.KM.User
Date: May 08, 2017 05:41PM

Hi Folks,
I just can't say enough about the KM browser. Sometimes I think it should be called the "Happy People Browser".smiling smiley

Think about all the terrific Pros of KM.
The mere fact that the developers take the time to painstakenly make this browser super terrific for us and the help that is provided to us by them and others when a problem arises is just a wonderful thing.

Very important is the fact that this browser is still being updated for older
operating systems and as each day goes by, the folks around the world are going
to discover and find out just how terrific KM is.

Take care ;)

Posted by: Silent_Mousey
Date: September 29, 2017 02:31AM

I recently found K-Meleon while looking for a lightweight browser to use while gaming. This browser takes the smallest amount of resouces that I have found in any broswer. This is my go-to browser for most things now. There are a few sites that will not load with this, such as twitch.tv, but other than that, I use this for most web-browsing. Thanks to K-Meleon for making this smiling smiley

Date: October 09, 2017 09:48PM

At least one dozen of my friends and family are using KMeleon 76RCpro by Rodocop. They all have both a compressed file with my settings and a folder with KM, so when something goes wrong they easily replace the old folder with a new folder. Easy installation ever with no problem at all. By the way, I have found that KMeleon is voted number 6 of 12 "Updated web browsers for Windows XP", and I have also found a comment or review by Rodocop from January 2014 that makes me happy today. smiling smiley

https://alternativeto.net/list/52/updated-web-browsers-for-windows-xp
https://alternativeto.net/software/k-meleon/reviews/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 10:14PM by J.G..

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.