Re: Anyone still using kmeleon?
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 05, 2013 09:25PM

James,
follow my instructions one post upper...

Posted by: naruman
Date: November 05, 2013 09:31PM

JamesD

How to I get back to English from French?

This is just the chromes of omni.ja(en-us version) you can add them to the old file witth Winrar.

-open omni.ja & chromes _of_omni.ja.rar (2 windows) drag chromes _of_omni.ja.rar [folder + file] to omni.ja window & run kmeleon.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: November 05, 2013 09:54PM

Thank you naruman, your English chrome does it all right !!

Posted by: as_983
Date: November 06, 2013 01:27AM

Thank you all, this works well. Is there any extensions to automatically remove browser cache?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: November 06, 2013 07:23PM

You can get a little update

- English chrome
- added kmeleon chrome using flat files (easier for now to work on)
- added favorites and jsbridge plugin
- fixed javascript prompt

@rodocop
64 bits or not I don't think it makes a difference, anyways it's built with winxp.
Some websites only check the version number for compatiblity. With "k-meleon 2.0" they complain you must update your brower, but they are happy with "k-meleon 10.0". So, k-meleon 74 will be fine for a while ...

For the history viewer, I think the one in firefox could be adapted.

EDIT:
Updated to add a fixed bookmark plugin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 08:10PM by Dorian.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 06, 2013 07:53PM

as_983
Is there any extensions to automatically remove browser cache?

This is not yet automatic, but will allow you remove cache on exit from KM when you have set the flag by using "Clear cache on exit" in the tools menu. Note, you must use menu item each time you need to remove cache.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/NoCache.7z

Extract to KM's root folder. It will add two files to macros folder.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: as_983
Date: November 06, 2013 08:04PM

JamesD
as_983
Is there any extensions to automatically remove browser cache?

This is not yet automatic, but will allow you remove cache on exit from KM when you have set the flag by using "Clear cache on exit" in the tools menu. Note, you must use menu item each time you need to remove cache.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/NoCache.7z

Extract to KM's root folder. It will add two files to macros folder.

Ok JamesD thanks.Cache files in memory or cache files on disc, what's the difference, which is better?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 08:05PM by as_983.

Date: November 06, 2013 08:21PM

as_983
Cache files in memory or cache files on disc, what's the difference, which is better?

I think using a little of both is best. Memory cache will go away on exit and my NoCache system will allow you to delete the "Cache" folder in your profile on exit when you wish. A new "Cache" folder is built the next time that you start KM.

After putting Dorian's little update on, I notice that the "Clear Data" is missing from the "Privacy" menu. I guess I need to ask him if I need to put more work into this system.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: November 07, 2013 01:52AM

Clear Data is missing as privacy.dll kplugin wasn't recompiled for new version.

James! One feedback point - the KMrestart procedure in new KM sometimes fails - I think this is connected with the path to KM as it gives familiar 1.7's "XPCOM error" that means command is executed not in KM folder.

And in SkinSwitch restart NEVER succeedes! So I was forced to remove 'restarttype' call from SkinSwitch macro.

What might be done here?

Date: November 07, 2013 02:03AM

And once again: almost every dll-file used by K-Meleon needs to be recompiled if not yet (favorites.dll - a rare exception).

So we haven't now privacy kplugin, localization dll, spellcheck kplugin is partly working, and number of extensions, using their own dlls, need update.

All extensions relying only on macros & tools, able to work in new KM. And ones, containing components and jars could be adopted by putting into omni.ja (this needs manual alloction of jar-content into folders inside packed chrome).

I think it could be comparatively easy way to use FF-extensions in KM now - but this needs some compatibility layer, some tool to make this work.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: November 07, 2013 03:43AM

of course!never leave km。

Date: November 07, 2013 11:25AM

Dorian, thank you very much for update!

One more request if allowed:

couldn't you recompile kmeleon.dll that is used (if I understand it right) for KM interface localization through kml-files?

And one question: have you an idea how to adapt native xpi-extensions? I see that FF uses some of them unpacked - directly from xpi (that is almost equal to jar) but this needs some connection layer to browser interface.
My first interest is AdBlock Plus but some other third-parties are welcome too.

P.S. I saw also that new chrome structure retains some compatibility with old jar-bundles so this gives us a chance of easy adaptation of old extensions, depending on their jars...

Date: November 07, 2013 12:29PM

rodocop
James! One feedback point - the KMrestart procedure in new KM sometimes fails - I think this is connected with the path to KM as it gives familiar 1.7's "XPCOM error" that means command is executed not in KM folder.

And in SkinSwitch restart NEVER succeedes! So I was forced to remove 'restarttype' call from SkinSwitch macro.

What might be done here?

I have not had time to check restart. I will try to get that done today. I don't think I ever checked restart with a 1.7 version.

Edit:

I have checked restart and have no failures in more than 20 tries. SkinSwitch does not work. I have not found out why. Restart button calls restarttype so why fail in SkinSwitch and not in Restart?
"AddButton","KMrestart,Restart,macros("."restarttype"."),"."Restart Options"

At this point, I don't know what else to try, but I will continue to work on this if I can think of something. I think it might have something to do with your intermittent failures of restart. I remember that I had to increase a wait time in the restartkm au3/exe file for it work with Beta 2.6. Maybe I need to increase the wait time again. I did not create restart, so I tinker at my peril there.

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 01:43PM by JamesD.

Date: November 07, 2013 03:56PM

Sorry, Dorian, but new exe leads to almost fully non-editable about:config: only switching of boolean settings works. You cannot change INT or STROKE parameters...

And like in 1.7 there isn't specific context menu for settings editing.

Date: November 07, 2013 04:24PM

And more: I see JSbridge isn't perfect - Preferential won't work, Preferences panel sometime begins to crash KM.
I think the reason is that it cannot find xul.dll and mozalloc.dll in their places - when I've copied them (and their dependencies) in 'kplugins' folder - Preferences panel resurrects. But not the Preferential's work.

Some minor problems exist in SearchBar Plus work - its GUI doesn't reflect changes in settings where to open search results. But I think this depends on corresponding kplugin...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 04:40PM by rodocop.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 07, 2013 09:53PM

Hi,

I'm trying to use it under Linux with wine.

I have installed the first version sent by Dorian (I just saw the last one, but I don't think it solves my problem).

I have installed MS VC++ 2010 runtime, but it changes nothing in the crash.

If somebody has an idea ...

Error messages joined

Thanks
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Attachments: km174_crash.txt (8.1 KB)  
Date: November 07, 2013 10:40PM

JuJu,
I've looked inside with TotalCommander with Lister plugin Fileinfo 2.0. It says that 2 dependencies of kmeleon.exe call to dwmapi.dll - shell32 and comctl32.dll (hidden deep in the labyrinth of WinSxS folder - I'm sitting under Win7).

May be key to the crash is somewhere around this...

Date: November 08, 2013 01:50AM

Can anyone tell me how to open omni.ja file from Dorian's update? My 7Zip program won't do it.

JamesD

Posted by: panzer
Date: November 08, 2013 09:45AM

JamesD
Can anyone tell me how to open omni.ja file from Dorian's update? My 7Zip program won't do it.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2523041

Posted by: duffy98
Date: November 08, 2013 11:53AM

I need some help with the newer Dorian version from yesterday ... I am getting this error message when I try to open K-Meleon (Dorian) ...

"Could not initialize XPCOM. Perhaps the GRE is not installed or could not be found."

rodocop mentioned this about XPCOM yesterday:

"James! One feedback point - the KMrestart procedure in new KM sometimes fails - I think this is connected with the path to KM as it gives familiar 1.7's "XPCOM error" that means command is executed not in KM folder."

rodocop, I will try you newer version shortly but I would also like to try Dorian's version to see how it works ... am presently using JamesD's latest version which I like very much. I am on XP Pro SP3 but I posted all about these versions yesterday at the MSFN forum under the "Software Hangout" thread. So far one reply from bphlpt saying your version rodocop is working OK with Windows 7 (64-bit).

So how do I fix that XPCOM error ... first time I ever saw that with any KM version.

thanks ...

Date: November 08, 2013 01:25PM

The problem of XPCOM is obvious when you make KM your default browser and try to double-click any html-file outside of KM folder.

This is a known glitch of KM starting from 1.7 version.

As I figured out, almost all bugs of 1.7 alpha are present here in v.74

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: November 08, 2013 01:32PM

New search.kmm is a big progress, I think, esp. with the submenu Previous Searches. Would it be possible to make a button for the toolbar to go immediately to this new submenu "Previuos Searches" : would be very nice and would spare a lot of time .

Thx a lot in advance

Mala

Date: November 08, 2013 02:02PM

Sorry, Mala Okeh, I misled you.

KM cannot give you a menu by left-mouse-click. And the right-click access is already implemented in the Search button where you are just a 1 more click away from this submenu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 02:07AM by rodocop.

Date: November 09, 2013 02:49PM

Can somebody send me this dll in 32 bits version in a zip file ?
My email is in my signature.

Thanks
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Posted by: Fred
Date: November 09, 2013 05:06PM

KM 74 should work with Wine 1.6 .
There should also be mozctrl19.dll, msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll
and nspr4.dll in the K-Meleon main folder.
I prefer an older Wine on some of my systems.
Renaming the existing dwmapi.dll.so and advapi32.dll.so
in /usr/lib/wine and replacing them with the files of the same name
from an extracted Wine 1.6 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Slackware%20Packages/1.6/i486/wine-1.6-i486-1sg.txz/download
should be sufficient, if you want to keep your current wine version.
To extract the .txz file for Slackware you need the packages xz-utils and liblzma5
in your system.
I hope that it will work for you.
Regards

Fred

Posted by: Fred
Date: November 09, 2013 05:15PM

PS:

The commands to extract .txz in a terminal are :

unxz thearchivename.txz -> will be a .tar file
tar -C /adirectoryname -xf thetarname.tar

for a lzma file

unlzma thearchivename.tar.lzma -> will be a .tar file
tar -C /adirectoryname -xf thetarname.tar

Fred

Date: November 09, 2013 05:24PM

I have wine 1.4
Hope it will work.

Thanks
I'll report here

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 06:19PM by JujuLand.

Date: November 09, 2013 06:17PM

No problem to extract under ubuntu.

Under Ubuntu, the files are located in

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine
and
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine

So having a doubt, I have search on sourceforge, and found an x86-64 version of wine.

I think it's better also to replace advapi32.dll in fake folder
I found also in each folder named before, two file which seems to be created when launching, or perhaps installing wine.

I don't know if it's necessary and important.
I think of first to rename it. If bad, I will try with it.

I'm downloading it and I'll report.

A+

Attachments: libadvapi32.def (12.9 KB)  
Date: November 09, 2013 06:33PM

def files found in x86-64

so, when I have a moment, i'll try it.

A+

Date: November 09, 2013 10:59PM

I am getting a strange error on both Dorian's and rodocop's KM 74 installs. The spelltest.dll file when included in kplugins folder gives an error.

This is the visual C stuff on my system.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem lies? Is the VC 2010 file too modern for the spelltest.dll?

JamesD

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.