how to open file maximized when k-meleon is minimized
Posted by: froggy
Date: November 10, 2013 07:40PM

If k-meleon is minimized and I click on a local html file, k-meleon remains minimized despite the local file being opened in a new tab (just can't view it because it's still minimized to the taskbar).

Is there a way to have the browser automatically mazimized when I click the local html file - without having to click on the flashing k-meleon icon in the tasbar to mazimize the browser window ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 07:46PM by froggy.

Re: how to open file maximized when k-meleon is minimized
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 11, 2013 12:50AM

# froggy

I see what you mean. So far I am not sure how to solve the problem. I will look into the matter and post back here.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 12, 2013 03:16AM

I don't think what you are describing is something that KM can change. It is a function of the operating system.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: froggy
Date: November 13, 2013 01:07AM

Well It seems like its something that should have been built into the design.

After all, when you click on a local file, the intent is to view it - immediately and without clicking the mouse a second time. Most everything else on your computer works that way.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.