General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How do sites get in denied cookies list when I don't do it?
Date: December 01, 2009 01:27AM

Now and then I get some site kvetching at me that I have cookies disabled. I check my settings, and everything is fine -- but it's still no cookies. Finally I take a look deeper into cookie management, and find the the site's cookies are being denied. But I did nothing that I know of to cause that! It has happened more than once. This last time, just today, it was Google.

To tell the truth, I have never intentionally put any site on the denied list, but there are always some there. Is K-M misinterpreting some sequence of clicks or gestures as a command? There has to be some stupid, simple explanation, but I can't pin it down. I don't have mouse gestures on because I am somtimes klutzy with the mouse. Maybe I am accidentally fat-fingering a key at the wrong moment. The problem is, whatever the cause, the only sign that anything has happened is when I get the "you are blocking cookies" message. That can happen fifteen minutes or more after whatever-it-was.

If anyone can give me a clue, I will attempt to retrain my fingers or whatever....

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do sites get in denied cookies list when I don't do it?
Posted by: jar
Date: December 01, 2009 09:24AM

Tools- privacy- permissions- cookies and voila.

Posted by: jar
Date: December 01, 2009 09:29AM

And check F2- privacy and security. There is global policy for yr cookies. Are they allowed? Please do not cut yr fingers off.. buy a bigger keyboard!

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 01, 2009 12:28PM

@ Arual the Wyrd. Check whether You activated cookies -> privacy settings -> custom.

p.s. Out of real ideas after that - PC haunted.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 01, 2009 06:22PM

guenter
p.s. Out of real ideas after that - PC haunted.

My most likely suspicion too grinning smiley
Okay, what in the world could do that?? Perhaps another extension somehow involved...? Policy Manager, Cookie Manager, NoScript,...? As Günter suggested, F2-cookie-privacy settings...? Someone else secretly using the pc...? Or as you suppose yourself some accelerator or gesture...?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 06:24PM by siria.

Posted by: snuz2
Date: December 10, 2009 09:44AM

If you delete a cookie "permanently" then it will be blocked (black listed). This language is a little misleading, to me at least. Do you ever delete cookies with "permanently" checked?

Once it's blocked, you must explicitly "unblacklist it". You can check in tools:privacy:permissions:cookies. You must have the privacy macro enabled for this menu to appear. From the speed of what's happening, I guess that you have some global deny cookies setting or you have failed to unblacklist it properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 09:48AM by snuz2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.