General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
weird thing in Favorites menu -- browser dreams lol
Date: December 23, 2009 05:49PM

Have to share a funny story:

I went to the Favorites menu, but the link I wanted had been pushed down off the end by several rows of gibberish and question marks. My first thought was, "What T F did I bookmark yesterday?" Anything can happen when you get a bit sleepy, LOL. So I clicked the "Edit..." link to get a quick look at what was there. Winderz Explorer wouldn't open. That was odd. The menu was all right otherwise; the link I originally wanted did work.

I closed K-m and went to the Favorites folder with Free Commander. Nothing unusual there. I re-opened K-M, and the menu was back to normal. Grrr. If I had known that it was going to vanish, I'd have taken a screenshot.

I think it was an effect of something I had just installed, that had opened the K-meleon window at the end of the installation (I hate those!). The link that was passed to K-m by the installer somehow created that ghost link in the menu. Since it existed only in K-m's mind it vanished like a dream as soon as the window was closed.

Anyhowl, it was interesting. I've never seen anything like it before, but I'll be watching now.

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weird thing in Favorites menu -- browser dreams lol
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 24, 2009 04:54PM

Other reason to use Bookmarks. tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.