General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Toolbar Control Plugin Error Message
Posted by: Gurzo
Date: January 14, 2010 06:35AM

So, I tried installing a new skin, by extracting it into the Skins folder, selecting it from the dropdown menu in GUI Appearance Settings, and checking "Display toolbar background", but when I restarted KM I got this error message:

"K-Meleon was not able to find your toolbar settings. Your selected skin may be missing or corrupt. Please, check your skin settings in the GUI appearance section of k-meleon preferences."

After clicking OK, the browser loads up normally, but the GUI is all messed up. I'm probably making some very trivial mistake, but I can't seem to figure out what exactly am I doing wrong. I followed this tutorial to the letter, except for the fact that my K-Meleon folder is located in Programs instead of Program Files... confused smiley

P.S.: I realise it's pretty rude of me to come asking for help without even introducing myself first, but... I really suck at introductions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toolbar Control Plugin Error Message
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 14, 2010 08:45AM

I think that the background file is missing in your skin folder.

Keep back.bmp in another skin folder (Phoenity for example) and put in in your skin folder.

Restart K-Meleon, and the error message ought not to appear again.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: Gurzo
Date: January 14, 2010 04:05PM

Hmm, but I double-checked, and the bmp file is already there.

Edit: Nevermind, I found out what was causing the error. For some reason, the skin folder had been extracted inside another folder with the same name (like a chinese box). Deleting the middle folder fixed the "error".smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2010 04:17PM by Gurzo.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 14, 2010 09:02PM

he he. Every second person did that with first skin install. Me too.grinning smiley

That is why alain (jujuland) created an installer for skins (which is not much used sad smiley )

Greetings to IT and FR from DE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2010 09:03PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.