General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Youtube comments
Posted by: Slickone
Date: February 12, 2014 07:06PM

I can't enter any comments at youtube.com. When I click the comments box, it looks like maybe a new window tries to open, then it just goes back to the original page and does nothing. This is with 74beta.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Youtube comments
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 13, 2014 01:25PM

I second this - with KM74beta2

Posted by: Thalia
Date: January 05, 2015 09:07PM

Same here :/

Posted by: siria
Date: January 06, 2015 12:45AM

Why beta? The stable version is released over 3 months now.
(which of course says nothing about that bug)

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 06, 2015 12:51PM

Use Release 74.0. It supports Youtube comments.

1.6 and 1.7 aborts loading comments with two JS errors. No idea to work around that.

74 versions error console does not fully work. So I cannot say anything about reasons in any 74.beta.

Posted by: panzer
Date: January 13, 2015 08:46AM

I get this now:

You're using an older version of Mozilla Firefox that we'll soon stop supporting. Please update your browser to the latest version.

Posted by: Flavio
Date: January 18, 2015 01:24AM

I get this message on YT under KM74:

"La versión de Mozilla Firefox que estás usando dejará de ser compatible con YouTube pronto. Actualiza tu navegador a la versión más reciente."

Posted by: chall
Date: February 18, 2015 01:51AM

Same issue here. I'm trying to reply on Youtube with K-Meleon 74, and a new blank window titled "Google+: real life sharing, rethough for the web" briefly appears and closes.

Google just loves to break things, don't they!

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 21, 2015 04:32PM

You have to set "Accept Cookies" to "Always" in the "Privacy & Security" section of its Preferences. Then open about:config and make sure that "network.cookie.cookieBehavior' is set to 0.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 04:36PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 26, 2015 11:46AM

Or just add exception as shown here:

Posted by: siria
Date: February 26, 2015 07:23PM

Isn't it really insidious?! Just to allow google to spy on users as much as possible at any costs, they program other servers like youtube in a way to force users to "deliberately" allow google to follow them all over the web, not just on their own sites and youtube itself!

But good to know this trick makes comments possible again, thanks whoever figured this out.
And thanks for my beloved KM privbar again, one button click to allow google-cookies just on THIS site, and afterwards one click to block them again. Ha! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 26, 2015 07:46PM

Yes, but as a side note, there is no need to full "Allow" Google; "Allow for session" is enough. For YouTube, for Gmail, for Blogger, for whatever service they have.

And we can go beyond and just allow accounts.google.com subdomain for session, that is the cookie that holds the actual login check than then is passed to YouTube to set another login cookie (aside the one for Google+ comments).

BTW I rejected to sign in for Google+ for comments, so, I stopped using YouTube logged in. Has no sense after that move. I left session cookies just for my old account, so see video stats.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.