Thanks and suggestion and a request //Sugestão e Agradecimentos e um pedido
Posted by: Jonatan (-São Paulo - Brasil )
Date: February 19, 2014 09:59AM

(By:Jonatan)[São Paulo /Brasil])"Brazil"
In English
Hello class of K - Meleon , First of all , I want to congratulate you , consider the K - meleon the best browser ever known , use it for years , and others liked the idea of ​​having an updated version , I want to report a opnion and also ask for help , it would be interesting as well , leaving the google homepage, or at least , the initial K- Meleon but search for it , because it would be great , and it would be very nice ( because of the speed , this research they put into K - Meleon 74 ) and slow , and it would be super cool leave Adblock Plus already built ( and since ja Leave the taskbar icon with the site ( I'm using a super simple computer and his performance continues otimo ( 390Ram256Video/Celeron1.7 ) , and wanted to know what happened to the engine so that it was open pages as if Firefox 3.6 / / it would be awesome if they did this so the current version of firefox ( I believe 27.0 per al ) [ I have quoted this because , Orkut , G+ and Outlook recognize it as a lower ¨ IE 6 browser , and 1.7K - meleon , it has problems when uploading files " insisted on trying when logging was already logged in) and again congratulations for the work you , keep it up

In Portuguese(Brazil)
Olá turma do K-Meleon , Antes de tudo , quero lhe dar os parabens , considero o K-meleon o melhor navegador que conheci até hoje , uso ele a anos , e gostei demais da ideia de que tenha uma versão atualizada, quero relatar uma opnião e uma ajuda a pedir tambem , bem seria interessante , deixarem o google de pagina inicial , ou ao menos , a inicial do K-Meleon mas com pesquisa por ele , pois seria otimo ,e seria muito agradavel o mesmo (Por causa da velocidade , essa pesquisa que colocaram no K-Meleon 74) e lenta ,e seria super legal deixarem o ADBLOCK PLUS ja integrado (e Deixar desde ja a barra de tarefas com o icone do site (Estou usando um computador super simples e o desempenho dele continua otimo (390Ram256Video/Celeron1.7), e queria saber o que aconteceu com o modo motor que fazia ele abrir paginas como se fosse Firefox 3.6//Seria demais se fizessem este modo na versao do firefox atual (Acredito 27.0 por ai)[Citei isto porque ,Orkut ,G+ e Outlook reconhecem ele como um navegador inferior a o IE¨6, e no 1.7K-meleon , ele tem problemas ao fazer Upload de arquivos"Insistia em querendo logar quando já estava logado) e novamente parabens pelo trabalho de vocês , continuem assim

Re: Thanks and suggestion and a request //Sugestão e Agradecimentos e um pedido
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 19, 2014 01:44PM

Hi, Jonatan!

K-Meleon is in active development now, but there are number of issues because of some problems in adapting new Gecko Engine (from FF24 ESR now in KM74beta2).

Here in beta the search is already at start page.

AdBlock Plus needs readaptation and dll-recompilation by ABP's author. So wait for stable release - only then we could ask Wladimir Palant for new version of AdBlock for KM.

Posted by: Jonatan
Date: February 19, 2014 02:01PM

Thank you for the clarification JamesD! Thanks Thanks w / / /

I saw the home page of K-meleon, I just found it odd the Frog and tals haha ​​', so I spoke to the google page and tals, and I think that if he let the fittest'' or more like "" with others help to leave the K-Meleon most publicized and used by al
(And out of curiosity what is this TWIN +? For which it serves?)

Date: February 19, 2014 02:04PM

Sorry correcting "" "RodoCop" "" kkk thanks to you, I ended up reading the wrong place DDD:

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 19, 2014 03:22PM

Jonatan (-São Paulo - Brasil )

( I'm using a super simple computer and his performance continues otimo ( 390Ram256Video/Celeron1.7 ) ...

, and wanted to know what happened to the engine so that it was open pages as if Firefox 3.6 / / it would be awesome if they did this so the current version of firefox ( I believe 27.0 per al ) [ I have quoted this because , Orkut , G+ and Outlook recognize it as a lower ¨ IE 6 browser , and 1.7K - meleon , it has problems when uploading files " insisted on trying when logging was already logged in) and again congratulations for the work you , keep it up

1.) The PC is totally sufficient for K-Meleon. But You need Win2000, XP ot higher for the latest versions.

2.) You always had to camouflage K-Meleon's real UserAgentString on some pages.
Use the option "personalisazar..." in "Barra de Privacidade".

A good string to use is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101123 SeaMonkey/2.0.11
Or new Firefox strings from FF. 3.6 or later. Gecko and Java Script from 1.6, 1.7 are close enough to new Firefox to get most of the pages workging.

Currently Dorian works on a version based on FF 24esr and adodupan based works on FF 25. With these also You have to use camouflage on some sites.

3.) I added an attachment to this post. It is contains a pt-BR localisation by Xgrind aka Michael Martins. He is an old friend from this forum. It is for K-M 1.5.3pt-BR. It was not published officially because kko did not find time to post it in the download section in SF.

Much of Michael's translation still works with the versions 1.5.4, 1.6, 1.7 and the newest development version by Dorian. I only included the sections of the translation that still work.

Extract in K-Meleon install folder so that it is ./locales/pt-BR.

Go F2 / GUI Appearance / Language drop down menu.

Here. Not all versions show the same. They show Portugeese or pt-BR.
Set it to either of that and a part of the menus will become translated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 03:26PM by guenter.

Attachments: locales.7z (38.1 KB)  
Date: February 19, 2014 05:11PM

(In Portuguese/Brazil)Estou Usando K-Meleon 74 Beta2' Quero agradecer , esta funcionando perfeitamente a tradução , muito obrigado , agora você , falou sobre a camuflagem , eu não achei o lugar exato para fazer a configuracao que você recomendou (PrintScreen do meu K-Meleon) [Estou usando Windows XP Service Pack3 //Aparencia é tema mesmo ]

(English)
I'm using K-Meleon 74 Beta2 'I want to thank this perfectly functioning translation, thank you, now you talked about the camouflage, I did not find the exact place to make the configuration you recommended (PrintScreen of my K-Meleon) place [ I am using Windows XP Service Pack3 / / Look theme is even]

Date: February 19, 2014 05:47PM

1.) Better thank Michael Martins for the translation and the developer (Dorian) for the way the localization was constructed so that it works with several versions.smiling smiley

2.) There are several places where You can set it.
Either Menue item - Ferramentas / User Agent ...

I personally use the Barra de Privacidade. Left side of the picture.Which has an Item User Agent. When You right click on it, it opens the bottom menu.

The Barra de Privacidade is activated under Visualizar / Barra de Ferramentas.
Right part of the picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 05:53PM by guenter.

Attachments: pt-br.gif (78.1 KB)  
Edit User Agent String Choice Menu / permanently
Date: February 19, 2014 06:13PM

It is in the folder ./K-Meleon/browser/defaults/preferences/I10n.js

Dorian used older User Agent Strings in 74b2 but maybe use these two.

Copy and paste the code over the old code with an editor and save again.

/********************************************************************************************************/
// Privacy

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 24 ESR");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "SeaMonkey");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0 SeaMonkey/2.20");

You can extend the list...

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.name", "Next Nickname");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.string", "Mozilla/5.0 next User Agent String");

By adding the next/red number to the code... Change the "Next Nickname" and add Your next "Mozilla/50 user agent string.
"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 06:22PM by guenter.

Date: February 19, 2014 06:19PM

Thanks again, and yes haha tell him the / /, Yeah, I did it correctly, only K-Meleon 74 Beta 2 does not display these options agent [He shows the selected agent, so that when you click the right button nothing appears, with the left opens a menu, and the Kmeleon forum] ((I was using 1.7.4 or 1.6, he had these options, but this one does not appear, it could be the file engine did not come this Kmeleon is there any way to download these engines?, or just, copy of which Kmeleon got these engines, and paste in the current Kmeleon ((and speaking of something else together, is there any plan for this new adblock kmeleon 74?))

Date: February 19, 2014 06:21PM

Sorry I was typing while you posted the solution Thanks will try it there, if it works I want to post the output?

Date: February 19, 2014 06:23PM

You could not move this file to download here I configured there, so I replace here? (Give if I want, I, K-Meleon my compact with 7zip in Portuguese and leave as already available, tidy

Date: February 19, 2014 06:32PM

Jonatan
Sorry I was typing while you posted the solution Thanks will try it there, if it works I want to post the output?

Sorry that I work so slow.

I have my grandson with me and he also needs my attention. And the Phorum gives me constant errors.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1162109612

Varnish cache server

And after the Hhorum has past out three times it complains I am a robot because I try to repost.

The data that you have submitted to the server have been rejected, because it looks like they were posted by an automated bot.

But it is the Phorum's fault.

Always remember the mouse has two buttons. Try both left and right click for each item like a button. You may find new things.

The K-Meleon devs used both when they needed them.smiling smiley

Greetings to .br from .de.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 06:35PM by guenter.

Date: February 19, 2014 06:38PM

Jonatan
You could not move this file to download here I configured there, so I replace here? (Give if I want, I, K-Meleon my compact with 7zip in Portuguese and leave as already available, tidy

I do not understand this message.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 19, 2014 07:36PM

guenter
The data that you have submitted to the server have been rejected, because it looks like they were posted by an automated bot.

That guru meditation thing I don't see ever, but sometimes I get a similar (but not quite the same) message:

Possible hack attempt detected. The posted form data was rejected.
Or sometimes it complained also about me being a spam bot, IIRC.
Anyway, in those cases I've accidentally blocked cookies between posting start and sending, and allowing cookies again makes the forum work again.
But just wish someone could change that error message and add a hint about cookies.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 08:22PM by siria.

Date: February 19, 2014 07:48PM

Ahh OK no rush, I appreciate the help, no matter how long it takes, the message that you don't understand, for example, gave me the engine instruction so I can edit the file, then it would be easier, he send his file already edited, (dai to another message, I'd order my K-Meleon configured and translated for you guys, the link to download , ja that helped me fix my, it was only fair that you have the file on which helped me
(OBS: The errors of robots, in the case of my messages should appear, can occur by having it dry print or link that I'm using a proxy connection)

Date: February 19, 2014 07:53PM

'''[...] Posted by: guenter
Date: February 20, 2014 01:13AM

It is in the folder ./K-Meleon/browser/defaults/preferences/I10n.js [...]"""

Could you send me your default folder?? >.<

Date: February 19, 2014 08:41PM

Just got curious, although I cannot use KM74 myself (on win98), but that file in KM74b2 seems to contain no useragents at all?
Unless it's configured in some other place now, like lots of other gecko24 things.

Jon. what do you see when you open the page "about:config" (type it into address line), and then type "useragent" in the filter line? Is there a list for useragent1,2,3 etc. or not?

Permanently Change User Agent String
Date: February 19, 2014 09:03PM

Jonatan
'''[...] Posted by: guenter
Date: February 20, 2014 01:13AM

It is in the folder ./K-Meleon/browser/defaults/preferences/I10n.js [...]"""

Could you send me your default folder?? >.<

Why the whole folder?

It is a single changed file: I10n.js

Nothing else has been changed yet.

In the folder ./program files/K-Meleon/browser/defaults/preferences/

program files = in Portuguese (Brasil) Arquivos de Programas.

You probably have it there. Use Windows search on the folder of the beta.

K-Meleon = the name You chose for the install folder of this one.
I used = K-Meleon74beta2

The file I10n.js is attached to this post. I updated the SeaMonkey string to a never version.

Do a backup of You file (You always do that before You change a thing) and place my file there where Yours is now.

The start the browser and see if it works for the site where You need it.

p.s. See also this about site specific UserAgent overrides:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2647781

You can try that also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 09:07PM by guenter.

Attachments: I10n.js (3.5 KB)  
Re: Permanently Change User Agent String
Date: February 19, 2014 09:47PM

Without changing the subject but since changing, not appeared, the agent string I think, that I needed to edit something especifigo in the config it, and I'm afraid to miss something kk I will read better to understand, but anyway, look, I ordered the translation because I do not know, what was the file to let you solve em portugues it to me thanks but I already knew a Brazilian However, Kmeleon I didn't know the translation file, but have something to view the opinion of you, said they are having trouble adapting the Addblock for Kmeleon 74beta2, Kmeleon from Brazil the link, has the aparecencia well familiar to the current kmeleon, sera that if you copy the folders of this addblock , work, besides him have the firefox engine options & opera? Basically I wanted to say, a mix of the two would work wouldn't it? ((I do not use this kmeleon from Brazil because it simply raises the CPU consumption, out of nowhere during the use for 100% then I lose patience hahahah: ' (

[ I think this could be kmeleon addblock compatible with kmeleon74beta2 and the engine of firefox too]

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmbrasil

Re: Permanently Change User Agent String
Date: February 19, 2014 09:49PM

Correcting Wrong Epecifigo : By: Specific

Date: February 19, 2014 10:12PM

Heyy Siria o//
I took a look in the config, but didn't show up, specifically what you told me, appeared some options of the agent, but not those on the KM74 and you use 98, I would recommend the 2000SP4, he and light as the 98, and compatible with most XP applications, in addition to the NTFS system make him get much faster

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 19, 2014 10:52PM

K-meleon 74 IS NOT compatible with Windows 2000 SP4 or I would be using myself.

Unless Dorian has changed something in the compile process removing VC++10 dependencies (that are inherit to Gecko engine itself) this is as I stated in the KM74 thread.

Compatibility starts with Windows XP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 10:52PM by JohnHell.

Date: February 19, 2014 11:14PM

Hey Jhon, You should be fine, I used the K-Meleon 1.7 Alpha in windows2000 SP4 and if I did not tested the K-Meleon74 the same, just used on my XP, but because of the previous version have worked, and the appearance , have not changed much I thought that maybe I could work, but then thanks for the warning

Date: February 19, 2014 11:30PM

Test it and then we talk.

1.7 GRE doesn't have the VC++10 dependencies that 74 GRE does.

Date: February 20, 2014 06:13AM

JohnHell

Unless Dorian has changed something in the compile process removing VC++10 dependencies (that are inherit to Gecko engine itself) this is as I stated in the KM74 thread.

thx for infos. The question is.

Are there features required not present? Or is that the same compiler shit that MS used to squeze out Win3.1 with 32bit extenstions when Win95 arrived. And the altenative DOS versions were sqiezed out too with the alegation they were incompatible. And it all turned out later that it was tricks.

As the Kernel-Ex project for Win98 proves a lot can be done if You manage disguise You OS against the spying/version check of the runtimes.

They are often merely build to say:

Oh no. You system is too old.

These functions are missing in Win2000 and present in the k-meleon.exe.
I installed the newest version of FilAlyzer 2 to find it.

KERNEL32.dll:CreateActCtxW:
KERNEL32.dll:ReleaseActCtx:
KERNEL32.dll:ActivateActCtx:
KERNEL32.dllgrinning smileyeactivateActCtx:

Nothing that gives much new functionality.sad smiley

@Jonatan. I do not know about adblock I do not use it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 09:21AM by guenter.

Date: February 20, 2014 09:28AM

An interesting page about win2000 and VC++ 2010. Looks like it could possibly be tricked to (more or less) work with some additional tricks while compiling, but certainly isn't easy:
http://tedwvc.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/how-to-get-visual-c-2010-mfc-applications-to-run-on-windows-2000/

Adblock has some probs yet in the newest KM-versions, but it's known and discussed already:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,125646,126138#msg-126138
But not sure if that only affects Palants extension or also the simple native KM-adblocker? It has always sufficed for my needs in older versions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 09:35AM by siria.

Date: February 20, 2014 10:57AM

siria
An interesting page about win2000 and VC++ 2010. Looks like it could possibly be tricked to (more or less) work with some additional tricks while compiling, but certainly isn't easy:
http://tedwvc.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/how-to-get-visual-c-2010-mfc-applications-to-run-on-windows-2000/

Good Google find. Maybe You try whether it is easy.

The same incompatibilty list/missing items for:

Win 98

KERNEL32.dllconfused smileyetFilePointerEx:
KERNEL32.dll:GetUserDefaultUILanguage:
KERNEL32.dll:GetSystemDefaultUILanguage:
KERNEL32.dll:GetFileSizeEx:
USER32.dll:UpdateLayeredWindow:
SHELL32.dllconfused smileyHGetFolderPathW:

And for WinMe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 11:01AM by guenter.

Date: February 20, 2014 11:14AM

JohnHell

No. The 1.7's (Mozilla 1.9.2x) GRE was compiled with VC 8.

But not only the K-Meleon.exe's MFC code but also the Mozilla GRE 24 uses functions that are not supported by Win 2000.

Date: February 20, 2014 12:09PM

We///Now just passing by here to warn, I searched, the default configuration of the kmeleon 3.4 from project Brazil, and overrides for the kmeleon 7.4, now he uses the agent, and this totally 3.6 Firerox compatible, I managed to shake in the options, orkut and outlook successfully opened the menu to choose between him and SeaMonkey 1.1 (AHh thanks on information guenterIf that's the case, just something to make the program recognize and say that old, it wouldn't be the case to make the executable be recognized as an earlier version, changing the executable as the Heshack, as well as they did, so they can use (for example) Windows Live Messenger or for many programs they don't upgrade?

Date: February 20, 2014 02:26PM

guenter
JohnHell

thx for infos. The question is.

Are there features required not present? Or is that the same compiler shit that MS used to squeze out Win3.1 with 32bit extenstions when Win95 arrived. And the altenative DOS versions were sqiezed out too with the alegation they were incompatible. And it all turned out later that it was tricks.

As the Kernel-Ex project for Win98 proves a lot can be done if You manage disguise You OS against the spying/version check of the runtimes.

They are often merely build to say:

Oh no. You system is too old.

These functions are missing in Win2000 and present in the k-meleon.exe.
I installed the newest version of FilAlyzer 2 to find it.

Nothing that gives much new functionality.sad smiley

@Jonatan. I do not know about adblock I do not use it.

Basically the thing is what you mentioned here.

It's a kind of bulliying to older Windows OS compiling by default (Siria's links) without compatibility settings.

It's not a hard trick, Siria, just enable compatibility.

BTW those Kernel32 functions are on loads of applications, but if the application is compiled to run in "every" OS, the problem disappears as are "substituted" for the OS compatibles, as the compiler adds the necessary compatibility.

guenter
JohnHell

No. The 1.7's (Mozilla 1.9.2x) GRE was compiled with VC 8.

But not only the K-Meleon.exe's MFC code but also the Mozilla GRE 24 uses functions that are not supported by Win 2000.

Yes, as I said in the main KM74 thread, this is not a a K-meleon problem itself, but a GRE problem. Any GRE browser using beyond the 12.0 version of GRE, won't be compatible with Windows 2000. Indeed, the last version of GRE that doesn't give problems is that comes with Seamonkey 2.9.1, which is 12.

If for any reason could be build up a K-meleon version 1.6.x, or any other nomenclature, with GRE 12, would be great. Isn't a huge advantage, but greater than the 1.9.1.20 GRE used in 1.6.x. Indeed, I use Seamonkey 2.9.1 for compatibility reasons some times without problems. Other times, I have to use Opera 12.02 (the last fully compatible with Windows 2000).

As a final note, I know the existence of KernelEx for Windows 2000 and also kernel wrappers, but KernelEx requirements needed make me to choose to change my OS instead of "mess" it. Wrappers, in some way, are cleaner, even they are unsafe.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.