General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Trying to Download a YouTube video ...
Posted by: mike
Date: April 05, 2010 02:40PM

I am trying to download some videos from YouTube, I have the YouTube downloader installed with KM and also using ClipNab. Never had much trouble before but I am having mostly nothing but trouble today. At ClipNab I am getting this message ...

"Using Java now - click "run" / "accept" / "trust" in the security dialog for this to work correctly" .... I am not sure what exactly they are saying, as far as I know Java is enabled. When I use the YouTube Downloader at the top of the video page, I keep getting "Hypertext Markup Language Document (*.htm)" ... I never used to see this very much before. Has YouTube changed things so a person can no longer download videos. Any help appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to Download a YouTube video ...
Date: April 05, 2010 02:52PM

... Do I need to download a newer version of YouTube Downloader? I downloaded my copy in Feb (?) and it was working great, now I can't download any videos. I also had the older KM on my computer v1.53. Is the YT Downloader not working so good with v1.54? Is there another YouTube Downloader that works with KM that I could try?
Thanks ....

Date: April 05, 2010 03:00PM

... I was looking for the YouTube Downloader to just download the version again, in case it has been updated. I can no longer find the YouTube Downloader ... have searched on Google and there is nothing. Where is this download sitting? thanks ...

Date: April 05, 2010 03:04PM

... also would like information on how to enable Java in KM ... that message that I get from ClipNabber:

Using Java now - click "run" / "accept" / "trust" in the security dialog for this to work correctly"

... where is that exactly to click on "Run" ... "Accept" ... "Trust" ... thanks, had no problem in Jan - Feb downloading YouTube videos.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 05, 2010 03:30PM

Can only give a bit general info, although you probably know, and not sure at all if that really helps with that problem, but who knows...

The Java-Block is in Tools > Privacy

For extensions for Video and other stuff look in this forum here in the "Extensions" section, it also contains links to the 2-3 archives. And just the last weeks there were some new video macros, IIRC...

PS to the mods:
The extensions forum only mentions kmext and geckozone, wouldn't it make sense to also include there a link to the macro library in the wiki? It's a collection too...
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/MacroLibrary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 03:35PM by siria.

Date: April 05, 2010 03:47PM

Thanks siria ... guess I should have probably put this YouTube question in the Extensions thread. I re-installed YouTube Downloader (older copy I had, can't find the download anymore) and nothing is working. YouTube must have changed something. I did try KeepVid and I am having some luck today with them ... they seem to be "hit and miss". I had quit going to the site since the downloads did not work. Now it seems you have to let "them" put "something" on your computer. Not happy about that since I have no idea what they are installing ... will check that out later on Google.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 05, 2010 04:28PM

No, it's not really that "general" question that belongs into the extension section, but the answers are there, and quite recent even ;-)

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 05, 2010 05:07PM

mike
Thanks siria ... guess I should have probably put this YouTube question in the Extensions thread. I re-installed YouTube Downloader (older copy I had, can't find the download anymore) and nothing is working. YouTube must have changed something. I did try KeepVid and I am having some luck today with them ... they seem to be "hit and miss". I had quit going to the site since the downloads did not work. Now it seems you have to let "them" put "something" on your computer. Not happy about that since I have no idea what they are installing ... will check that out later on Google.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,105103,105604#msg-105604

or

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,100622

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 05, 2010 05:10PM

mike

These threads might help:

YouTube East Downloader

or

Orbit Grab+

Date: April 05, 2010 05:28PM

Thanks, jsnj ... I got the download of the YouTube Easy Downloader earlier ... doesn't work for me, just like YouTube Downloader didn't work ... however, I am having luck with YouTube Services and using Grab Video ... seems to be working, KeepVid was working earlier but must be overloaded or something ... no longer working for me, videos keep trying to download and never do. I also see that siria said YouTube changed some things.

Posted by: Matt
Date: April 05, 2010 06:57PM

mike, please download version 1.2. Youtube messed up big time :mad:

Date: April 05, 2010 07:50PM

Matt .... I downloaded that version earlier today and I didn't have any luck with it ... I keep getting "Hypertext Markup Language Document (*.htm)" like I did with YouTube Downloader. I will try again later tonight, will reload everything and see if the mp4 and flash vid links at the top of the page work. Grab Video works but I can only seem to do one video download at a time ... with KeepVid I was able to do 3 or 4 downloads at one time. I will work more with YouTube Easy Downloader later, I really want that program to work, it's nice having those links at the top of the page to click on. thanks ...

Date: April 05, 2010 08:56PM

Ok, another update; please download v1.3. I had to change the js code in youtube downloader. Now it works.

Mike, do not right click to avoid download fail. Left click hq mp4/standard flv links on the top. After your download finishes add correct extension to 'videoplayback' (.mp4 or .flv).

Date: April 06, 2010 03:25AM

Thanks Matt ... I have not been able to find the v1.3 download link yet ... in the KM Extensions thread the v1.2 seems to be the only link available. I will look for the v1.3 link tomorrow, anxious to try it out.

Date: April 06, 2010 03:36AM

Matt ... maybe I didn't understand which program is now v1.3. I thought you were talking about a new update fot YouTube Downloader ... then there is also YouTube Easy Downloader and then there is youtube-services v1.3.7 ... I am looking for the link to YouTube Downloader v1.3 ... is that the new update that is out or are you talking about youtube-services v1.3.7 ??? ... thamks

Date: April 06, 2010 10:01AM

Mike, all youtube extension have been put into one couple days ago. Simply download youtube services v.1.3 from my last post (it's a 7-zip archive) in this thread > http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,105103

Updated youtube services in not available on kmext.sf.net yet. I hope disrupted updates it when he has time.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.