General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
NOTE PLEASE
Posted by: akbal shaikh
Date: April 07, 2010 04:35PM

I HAD A PROBLEM TO OPEN MY YAHOO MAIL BOX WHAT I SHOULD DO PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NOTE PLEASE
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 07, 2010 10:07PM

Yahoo does not like lesser known browsers. Therefore we have to provide them a spoofed user agent for a known browser. Under TOOLS - USER AGENT choose Firefox. Also check to return to default on exit.

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 08, 2010 03:38AM

akbal shaikh
I HAD A PROBLEM TO OPEN MY YAHOO MAIL BOX WHAT I SHOULD DO PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS

Spoof Firefox manually or install Autoswitcher extension that automates it.

Posted by: caktus
Date: April 08, 2010 06:36PM

@ guenter

Speaking of autoswitcher, the other day I installed it and it placed an “autoswitcher” option in Tools > User Agent which I could click on placing a check mark beside (I assume to enable it). Today I noticed it is no longer in Tools > User Agent. I reinstalled it but still it does not show up in Tools > User Agent. Does this mean autoswitcher is not working? In addition, do I have to have other user agents in the list for autoswitcher to work?

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: siria
Date: April 08, 2010 11:39PM

It's disrupteds extensions, but I suppose you just moved it into the user macro folder...? Although, that may affect function but not the menu, which is set at the end of the kmm file *confused* Hmm, perhaps you disabled the macro in F2...?

BTW to see if it still autoswitches, just go to about:config and filter for agent. There's a pref "general.useragent.override", that is the string that is currently delivered, which should switch automatically on certain sites. If it's empty, the string is KM default smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2010 11:43PM by siria.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 08, 2010 11:57PM

charlie you might have disabled the switcher macro

go to edit preferences>macro extensions
make sure agentswitcher and useragent macros are both checked

Date: April 13, 2010 04:34PM

In about:config 'kmeleon.agentswitcher.active' is set to "false"

In edit preferences>macro extensions "useragent macros" is checked but there is no "agentswitcher" in the list.

Charlie

Posted by: siria
Date: April 13, 2010 08:19PM

Charlie, that can only mean that this macro is not in your macros folder anymore, or perhaps you renamed the ".kmm" ending.

The existence of that pref only tells that at some point you did have that macro, but if you removed the macro kmm-file , its pref settings are not deleted automatically.

Date: April 14, 2010 07:34PM

Thanks you, siria.

Turns out that was indeed the case so I downloaded and installed the macro, again.smiling smiley

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.