General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
some km questions
Posted by: rubix
Date: April 17, 2010 10:18PM

1. how do i lock the toolbars so they can't be resized/moved anymore?

2. how do i know which extensions use xul? does adblock and policy manager use xul? i want to use the km-nx builds if possible, but i need easy ad/script blocking.

3. is there an extension for km like cookiesafe (for ff)? i want to whitelist cookies from certain sites and have them deleted when i close km. everything else blocked.

4. how do i make km never cache to disk? i want no webpage caching to disk, only cache to a preset amount of memory.

5. how do i set the width of my bookmark menu listings? i want it wider than the shortest bookmark folder name i have currently.

6. how do i change the height (fonts?) of the names in my bookmark menu? they have too much space above/below them to my liking causing them to scroll over to a new column.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: some km questions
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 18, 2010 02:21AM

rubix
1. how do i lock the toolbars so they can't be resized/moved anymore?

2. how do i know which extensions use xul? does adblock and policy manager use xul? i want to use the km-nx builds if possible, but i need easy ad/script blocking.

3. is there an extension for km like cookiesafe (for ff)? i want to whitelist cookies from certain sites and have them deleted when i close km. everything else blocked.

4. how do i make km never cache to disk? i want no webpage caching to disk, only cache to a preset amount of memory.

5. how do i set the width of my bookmark menu listings? i want it wider than the shortest bookmark folder name i have currently.

6. how do i change the height (fonts?) of the names in my bookmark menu? they have too much space above/below them to my liking causing them to scroll over to a new column.

1.) View -> Toolbars Lock Toolbars.

2.) Look into chrome. Emebed.jar contains zipped files, extract & inspect. Yes.

Try CCF no chrome versions, they have Preferences & Settings done with Lua.
Maybe what you want?

3.) Do not know the FF extension. Different cookies, privacy extensions exist on the K-Meleon extension pages.

4.) F2 Networks Prefernces - Disk Cache size = Zero. That has only cache in RAM.
Good setting for portable version on usb stick smiling smiley

5. & 6) F2 Bookmarks Preferences (Not sure what You want - speak another language grinning smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2010 02:24AM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.