General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Toolbar Icons
Posted by: mars
Date: June 09, 2010 01:25PM

A few days ago my tool bar icons disappeared, that is, they are "grayed" out. When I mouse over they will become visible. I have not changed any configuration settings or added any new extensions.
Mysteriously, if I use "Restart Plus" in the file menu, the icons reappear in the tool bar.
Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toolbar Icons
Posted by: caktus
Date: June 09, 2010 04:35PM

mars
A few days ago my tool bar icons disappeared, that is, they are "grayed" out. When I mouse over they will become visible. I have not changed any configuration settings or added any new extensions.
Mysteriously, if I use "Restart Plus" in the file menu, the icons reappear in the tool bar.
Any suggestions?

You might try looking at Edit > Preferences > K-Meleon Plugins and make sure Toolbar Control is selected. If not selected, select and restart the browser with out the Loader.exe. running.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: siria
Date: June 09, 2010 06:38PM

Too weird :O
Just curious, please tell if caktus tip was the key...?

Frankly, never heard such a thing, and having dabbled with skins, hmm, it sounds like the image definitions got a bit mixed... You really 100% sure that you didn't change anything about skins, perhaps tried another version, edited toolbars.cfg with a new button, or tried a little macro you've quickly forgotten???

Or perhaps some native windows stuff... *riddling*

The "restart plus" thing is the most confusing to me, I thought it just closes and reopens the browser and loader *riddlingmore*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 06:41PM by siria.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 09, 2010 06:52PM

restartplus has been blessed with holy water

Posted by: siria
Date: June 09, 2010 07:38PM

tongue sticking out smiley LOL!! Okay, convinced grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: timtak
Date: June 10, 2010 01:22AM

By the way, how does one change individual toolbar icons (specifically for my IE Links toolbar so that e.g. the link button for Youtube shows the Youtube Icon and the link button for flicker shows the flicker icon etc).

IFAIK There is no mention of the Links toolbar in toolbars.cfg, or if there is, then all the buttons are set to one icon, without fine grained control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 01:37AM by timtak.

Posted by: mars
Date: June 10, 2010 02:18AM

Siria,
No caktus' tip did not help because the Toolbar Control was/is selected, but his outreach offer is greatly appreciated.

Although I would not consider myself an advanced coder, I do know when I am trying something and I have not done anything in that area at all. I am a K-Meleon newbie. I just looked up yesterday or the day before and realized my tool bar icons were dimmed (backward and forward arrows were now gray drop-down boxes, the stop, reload home, dimmed star, hotlist star, printer icon were all dimmed and mail envelope now a select menu arrow like the forward and backward arrows).

FIRST AID: I first restarted K-Meleon but no success, then rebooted the PC (XP) with same negative results so knowing not what else to do, I restarted with the Restart Plus extension and there they were. If I shut the application down, the next time it starts up, the same cosmetic problem comes back.

Next move is to create another profile and see happens.

Thanks to all for trying to help and for the interest.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.