Re: Fat GUI and problem with full screen and windows adding
Posted by: secretman
Date: July 22, 2014 11:03PM

my past posts from 04:55AM and 05:00AM were some troll, sorry for insults these are jokes. But in other posts i dont trolled. What your problem is? i need slim GUI, i think that more people would choose slim gui(like Chrome but slimmer). And about these gray small lines, what you do not like? why you need these unnecessary lines? if they are unnecessary, they are be because developer forgot to remove them, so they must stay delated. There is also very small gray line at the bottom of page http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/posting.php?1,reply,128279 .
I do not have the forces to convince you..... I can tell that when i switched to Chrome from Firefox i was surprised about that Chrome GUI, that GUI for me was so transparent, at once pages semmed to me that they are occupied a more space they were larger...

Posted by: secretman
Date: July 22, 2014 11:05PM

and i dont requesting kmeleon chrome, wtf, i said that Chrome GUI is not perfect, it have some unnecessary lines(space) etc... and Chrome is very bad(performance) for slow machines

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 23, 2014 02:49PM

1.) Stop using WTF acromym. We do not use expressions like: "Do kurwy nędzy" or "Kurwa" here either.

2.) When people try to help, You say: Oh no that is too hard and wtf. IMHO That is negative. And reminds some here of troll behaviour. A person that wants many posts without investing time.

3.) Dorian (especially) and others are here to improve this browser so that it suits them.

If You do tell us exactly what You want we may be even able to help You to change things that are already possible. But You cannot expect to get new things that are time consuming to create. Unless e.g. Dorian wants them too.

It is sometimes easier for us to do than to translate the how too into English.

But we need to know what is wanted.

4.) We say thank You, when we feel that we got new things that might be useful to some users here no matter whether we personally requested them. Especially when a dev took the time to do them. And especially when we can learn something new.

p.s. IMHO Most people here do not want a minimalist chrome like GUI. And why waste time on such things and to ask for such things. The essentials that make the GUI flexible enough are there already. And we learned to edit the toolbars.cfg and menuicons.cfg enough to get a result that is close to what we want.

Posted by: kiopkpokjp
Date: July 23, 2014 07:41PM

''IMHO Most people here do not want a minimalist chrome like GUI''
where did you get such information? may you are accustomed to that k meleon GUI because you have previously used old firefox which have that fat GUI, when you wean of that fat GUI by chrome like GUI you will not want that fat GUI probably. I think that many people will choose chrome like GUI, so there should be available, my mom also wants chrome like GUI I think. Someone can recommend browsers for old laptop? midori was bad, is bugged and slower.

Posted by: kiopkpokjp
Date: July 23, 2014 07:52PM

my father was also upset by kmeleon, he said that windows are off themselves he dont know, simply had problems with kmeleon... Wyzo was worse, very bugged, he could not back to previous site...

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 23, 2014 10:11PM

kiopkpokjp,
we speak about K-Meleon users - not all users in the world.

K-Meleon doesn't purport to be real competitor to the Big Four (or Five if Safari is taken in account).

It's small niche browser mostly for old-schoolers who like to control every part of their work and their tools.

It can get more popular but it doesn't have enough human resources now.

So all devs and productive community are making the thing for themselves first.

But some unique features of K-Meleon do attract some average users. And they are happy to use such an alternative as they are limited in hardware, or they like customizability of KM, or they simply do like this 'old-fashioned' (you mean so? OK - let's agree) GUI.

We do not want to save the world from Chrome or Firefox or IE. We simply love our small unique tool.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.