General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Forum smiley/Tools links images missing.
Posted by: caktus
Date: August 24, 2010 03:10PM

I know there is a post regarding this particular problem but I can't find it.

For two days now the Forum Smiley/Tools links images are missing. All I get are the text links. I don't think(?) I made any Prefernce or other changes immediately prior to this problem. The Prefernce Load Images "Always" is seleceted, and I have toggled it and restarted the browser. Does anyone have any ideas what may have caused this problem and how I might fix it?

I am using KM 1.5.4 with no extensions. I have commented out some Buttons using View > Toolbars and Toolbars.cfg.

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forum smiley/Tools links images missing.
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 24, 2010 03:27PM

Is Javascript running?

Date: August 24, 2010 03:36PM

JamesD
Is Javascript running?

Sorry I foreget to mention that. Yes, js is enabled and kmeleon.sourceforge.net is allowed in the Tools > Privacy permissions just for good measure. BTW, I have also tried clearing the cache's.

Charlie

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 24, 2010 04:52PM

Try F9 and or set/check image permissions.
The items are IMHO links represented by images.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2010 04:53PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 24, 2010 05:49PM

In the javascript prefs, there's a setting to "disallow scripts to change images". This has caused weird problems before so I just tried, and yes, if that is checked the smilies vanish...

Date: August 25, 2010 07:45PM

siria
In the javascript prefs, there's a setting to "disallow scripts to change images". This has caused weird problems before so I just tried, and yes, if that is checked the smilies vanish...

Thank you, Guy's. "disallow scripts to change images", the culprut was. I was sure it was something so simple I'd want to kick myself.:O

Charlie

Posted by: panzer
Date: August 27, 2010 08:55AM

caktus
siria

Thank you, Guy's. "disallow scripts to change images", the culprut was. I was sure it was something so simple I'd want to kick myself.:O

Btw, caktus, siria is a ... you know ...a woman. A chick.

Date: August 27, 2010 03:23PM

panzer
caktus
siria

Btw, caktus, siria is a ... you know ...a woman. A chick.

Oh, well! Guys r guys, folks r folks and Parts r parts.:cool: Also a rope, chain, rod, or wire attached to something as a brace or guide, also known as a guyline.:cool: Sorry bout that siria, no offense intended.

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.