Posted by: FredS
Date: August 24, 2010 04:36PM

http://www.sunnysports.com/

works ok in Firefox, but just XML errors w/Kmeleon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kmeleon won't work on this website
Posted by: siria
Date: August 24, 2010 05:27PM

Not a K-Meleon bug, but the webmaster has a faulty browser detection on his site.
His code is too stupid to see that this is a gecko browser, although it's in KM's user agent string, but the page works if you tell it you were using Firefox:
Tools > User Agent > Firefox

Posted by: FredS
Date: August 25, 2010 06:13PM

Ahh, should have thought of that ! thanks!

Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 25, 2010 10:57PM

not just stupid sniffer.. he's trying to meet "standards" for ie browsers, can't use a proper detection and can't write proper xhtml doctype..webdeveloper on crack

Kmeleon doesn´t work on these websites �_�
Posted by: pp4mnk2
Date: August 26, 2010 06:27AM

siria
Not a K-Meleon bug, but the webmaster has a faulty browser detection on his site.
His code is too stupid to see that this is a gecko browser, although it's in KM's user agent string, but the page works if you tell it you were using Firefox:
Tools > User Agent > Firefox

Please, can u help me with this sites, I´ve got the same problem that the first user:

http://cpepafuentes.iespana.es/adultseduc.html
http://pp4mnk.iespana.es/

The host is 'iespana.es' and I can see them with IE, but when using k-meleon or firefox they don´t work, althoug at first time they charge, but after a few seconds a message tells me that.... this pages can´t be loaded, because 'Connection Interrupted, The document contains no data,The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.'

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Re: Kmeleon doesn´t work on these websites �_�
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 26, 2010 08:14AM

Bi,

this is, for sure, not a problem of bad sniffing. Both pages display well here, under the "default" User Agent.

Considering closer one of those URLs:

... /adultseduc.html

which almost certainly is read by it's creators as "adults educ", whereas a parental control thing would read it with the blank moved one character to the left.

I would suspect an "adult" content filter. If you don't know of any you activated willingly, probably some security suite came with one enabled by default.

If you are not one of the authors of the site, maybe you should let them know (Just link to your and my post).
I'm sure less problems would arise if each and every occurrence of "educ" would not end there, but go on to show AT LEAST a trailing "a".

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2010 08:26AM by SoerenB.

Date: August 26, 2010 08:16AM

Pages load fine for me: KM154 on win98se, true user agent, everything blocked except iamges and CSS.

Perhaps it's because I have javascript blocked, and there may be a faulty script? No idea. At the first page I wondered if perhaps it has something to do with the "adult" in the address, perhaps some blocker for adult pages :cool: But the second doesnt contain it, so perhaps something else. Play a bit with the blocks in Tools>Privacy... ;-) And maybe in F2 > javascript...
And if it's something more complicated, some expert users here will be able to figure it out grinning smiley

Posted by: pp4mnk
Date: August 26, 2010 05:34PM

SoerenB
Bi,

this is, for sure, not a problem of bad sniffing. Both pages display well here, under the "default" User Agent.

Considering closer one of those URLs:

... /adultseduc.html

which almost certainly is read by it's creators as "adults educ", whereas a parental control thing would read it with the blank moved one character to the left.

I would suspect an "adult" content filter. If you don't know of any you activated willingly, probably some security suite came with one enabled by default.

If you are not one of the authors of the site, maybe you should let them know (Just link to your and my post).
I'm sure less problems would arise if each and every occurrence of "educ" would not end there, but go on to show AT LEAST a trailing "a".

THANKS, i think the problem is something related with your solution.

Following your indications, I reviewed NOD32 antivirus quarantine log, and I discover there that when I visit http://cpepafuentes.iespana.es/..... appears a quarantined object, marked as "JS/TrojanClicker.Agent.NAZ trojan" but I dont know if the problem is there (and, YES I´m these WebPages Developer).

Must I change NOD32 configuration ¿?¿? The problem appeared recently and I´m almost sure I didn´t change anything.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWER....

PP4MNK

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 26, 2010 07:18PM

Well, I'd advise against lowering the defences.

Do you have any of the link prescanning K-M macros installed? Like this one?:

Dr. Web
this extension enables prescanning of links with an online antivirus service. use this extension when you

If yes, and that "yes" applying to Firefox, too, the task would be: finding out what exactly Dr. web doesn't like on your pages.

If "no", then scanning all the files of your site with at least two different scanning engines wouldn't be too bad an idea?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2010 07:22PM by SoerenB.

Date: August 26, 2010 08:11PM

If I look into the source code, there's a script at the very bottom with an "ad" in the name... If that's an ad script that's served by external companies, perhaps try what your scanner says if you delete that external script line?
Very well possible that the problem is in the javascript ads, that you have no control about...

�_� Kmeleon doesn´t work on these websites �_�
Posted by: dj_creator4
Date: August 26, 2010 09:57PM

siria
If I look into the source code, there's a script at the very bottom with an "ad" in the name... If that's an ad script that's served by external companies, perhaps try what your scanner says if you delete that external script line?
Very well possible that the problem is in the javascript ads, that you have no control about...

THANKY

I wanna thank u for your help, but in my particular situation is an iespana.com problem. My web pages sited on this host are ok, but iespana has got problems with virus as u can read at http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=iespana.es

You can also visit http://www.barranquismo.org/foros/index.php?topic=3099.0 to see other spanish users opinions, BUT ALL OF THEM THINK FREE IESPANA HOSTING ARE INTO PROBLEM.

THANKY AGAIN. PP4MNK

http://pp4mnk.zxq.net

Re: �_� Kmeleon doesn´t work on these websites �_�
Date: August 26, 2010 11:00PM

BOAH... :O Uh oh, that doesn't sound very good sad smiley

Re: �_� Kmeleon doesn´t work on these websites �_�
Posted by: pp4mnk
Date: August 27, 2010 06:44PM

siria
BOAH... :O Uh oh, that doesn't sound very good sad smiley

It´s seen that iespana has solved today the problem with the previously mentioned web-page.

Let´s see how many time it works.

THANKY FOR YOUR HELP

dj_creator4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.