General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Some game images not working, script error
Posted by: Elle
Date: September 03, 2010 07:11PM

So, I use K-meleon mainly to run a game on the internet. I was very happy with the speed and no real issues in playing it until I went into one of my little buildings and wanted to recruit army. The image button is missing period to do so. I brought up the view>image to see why it wasn't popping up and I got two script errors (that'd be right, it's two different buttons). Is there an addon or something else I need to download in order to make this work?

The game is http://tk.koramgame.com/

this is what it should look like

But this is what happens instead

That button enables me to recruit more people. Naturally, it's imperative that I use this feature. Suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some game images not working, script error
Posted by: siria
Date: September 03, 2010 07:32PM

If it's a javascript button, my first suspicion would be that rollover-block again:
F2 > Page Display > images:
Disallow scripts to change images - Do NOT forbid this.
But it can be anything... Have you tried clearing the cache? Switching user agent? Etc...? More in FAQ: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#images
Uhm, are you sure it's not perhaps intentionally missing, on the upper screenshot the player seems to have a lot more points already, perhaps it's part of the game...? :cool: But no idea smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2010 07:36PM by siria.

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 03, 2010 09:15PM

In menu Tools -> Privacy
As siria said, check that you aren't block images. (unmarked)
Check you aren't block JavaScript. (unmarked)
Check the rest of the items in blocked section.
Check you aren't using Adblock, Preferences F2 -> Page Display -> Content Filters -> CSS Adblocking, and unmark "Enable CSS Ad-Blocking" option.

Also you can tried to change User Agent string, Tools -> User Agent.

What K-Meleon version and windows are you using?
Are you tried K-Meleon 1.6a4?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Elle
Date: September 03, 2010 09:51PM

The reason the two images are different is I took the shots from two different cities in my game (one has alot more army!). The top picture is taken from my city using IE, the bottom from using K-meleon.

Ok so, I did check on all of the things mentioned and every one of those suggestions is unchecked. I went through this earlier to be sure it wasn't something simple like that.

I have not tried the different user agents. This is my first time using K-meleon today so it's also not as if I've had this problem before. Upon first starting the browser this is just naturally how it works on that game.

What will the different user agents do? Is there maybe somthing in the configuration that I can change to enable this? The buttons that are missing enable me to recruit the amount of soldiers I entered into the blank box. You can't press enter to make it happen, because both buttons do different things (both recruit, just one does it automatically and one does it manually)

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 06, 2010 09:53AM

Some sites offer different content for different browsers.
You are redirected to Your browser's content by a browser switch.

Now these switches are often faulty. On error You get the wrong browser's content.
Mainly the JavaScript implementation of IE is different from the rest.
JavaScript execution stops on error.

Go: Tools -> UserAgent -> Firefox

When You set it to Firefox 2 - it makes browser switches to identify K-Meleon as Firefox, now that makes sure that page and browser use the same JavaScript dialect. Reason: Firefox 2 and K-Meleon use the same HTML and Script engine.

BTW. You always first try with fake firefox UserAgentString when soemthings seems wrong.
That solves 90% of all usual problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 09:59AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.