General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can someone PLZ help me
Posted by: dana1971
Date: July 25, 2010 07:10PM

We moved, and nothing was available for high speed but Wildblue or Hughes. I went with Wildblue, and my K-Meleon is SO slow. IE is faster than my K-Meleon now, but I HATE IE ( I ONLY want to use KM ). Is there something I need or can do to my KM so that I can get it's Awesome speed back??
Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can someone PLZ help me
Posted by: slayer
Date: July 25, 2010 09:10PM

What are those? Internet providers?
Please post more information, type of connection and speed.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 26, 2010 12:12AM

dana1971
We moved, and nothing was available for high speed but Wildblue or Hughes. I went with Wildblue, and my K-Meleon is SO slow. IE is faster than my K-Meleon now, but I HATE IE ( I ONLY want to use KM ). Is there something I need or can do to my KM so that I can get it's Awesome speed back??
Thank You

Dana1971,

Hughes, as in the Satellite provider? (anybody got satellite settings?)

Something not right... more postings on your settings may help. In the short term, you could try to load up a ram drive.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/27/free-ramdisk-for-windows-vista-xp-2000-and-2003-server/

And point your disk cache to that ramdrive instead of to the default sub-folder inside K-Meleon on your hard drive.

N

Posted by: caktus
Date: September 30, 2010 04:02PM

I have been using RamDisk for a while now and it further improves the speed of 1.5.4, something I had previously thought was impossible considering that I am on a discount dialup connection.

Since I have moved Temporary Internet files to RamDisk, it also greatly speeds up IE 6. Well, after it builds a cache, which is very sssloooooow.

BTW, prior to shutting down or restarting the computer, I backup the Temp and Temporary Internet files folders to a different directory and later copy them back to R:/, which I have found to be a big help. I wish I could figure out a way to automate this process.

My only concern is sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and financial transactions. It [appears] that the Temp folders save only non-SSL pages and URL’s, which I do not mind. Do the Temp folders in [any way] contain any usernames, passwords and financial transaction data?

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: October 07, 2010 05:19PM

caktus

My only concern is sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and financial transactions. It [appears] that the Temp folders save only non-SSL pages and URL’s, which I do not mind. Do the Temp folders in [any way] contain any usernames, passwords and financial transaction data?

I hope not. If Temp folders have a lot of junk files on there, then it would be best to delete them as soon as possible (don't send them to the Recycle bin). I use Eraser to shred useless files off my computer.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.