General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Howto integrate adblockplus icon in tools bar?
Posted by: Claracc
Date: October 17, 2010 05:12PM

Hello, in my tools bar i have a bar for menu, and under it
the url bar buttons, toolbar, url bar but under it i have other bar space more where it is the icon of adblockplus, unless i have deselect to show adblockplus the icon is showing. I want to quit this icon from there and put it in the above space with url bar, ¿how can i do it?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Howto integrate adblockplus icon in tools bar?
Posted by: siria
Date: October 17, 2010 08:06PM

I don't use ABP, so can only guess:
You sound like it does have an own toolbar, you just want to move it around? But if so, where's the problem, that usually works with simple drag-n-drop...? Have you disabled the drag-handles perhaps (View > Toolbars > Lock Toolbars)? Or do you want to insert it in the middle of another toolbar...?

Date: October 17, 2010 08:58PM

Well I tried to drag and drop the adblockplus icon next to url bar but I couldn't. Also I have deselect it in see menu, but continues showing.

It is like the small adblock plus icon has not enough space there and so it is situated under the url bar (so my tool bar is very thick because I have three levels : menu bar, tool bar, and little bar ocuppied by adblockplus icon).

If I cannot move it I would like to remove it and put in the state bar, but I don't know how to remove it from tool bar.

I have and .png image of the bar but I don't know how to include it in the post.

Date: October 17, 2010 09:08PM

Great, screenshots are always helpful. If you like load it up to imageshack.us, then post the link here smiling smiley
Although I can imagine what you describe, 1 icon needing a full-width-toolbar, but it's really difficult to imagine *why*, and why can't drag it and not even disable that toolbar. Perhaps the screenshots gives us an idea.
Are you spanish...? Problem being, I don't know non-english menu names ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 09:26PM by siria.

Date: October 17, 2010 09:34PM

Thanks.

Done, the link for the image is http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7475/ss20101017185954.png

Note in the botom part on the left, the small icon of adblockplus i want to get rid of.

Date: October 17, 2010 09:45PM

Hmm, looks like there's enough space left...
But I see you have fixed the toolbars, that's why you can't move it! :cool:
Click on "Ver" and then the first menu in it, that should show you the list of toolbars. And right below that list, below the first divider line, there's the menu to "lock" or "fix" the toolbars. Remove the checkmark there, then moving should work.
One thing I don't understand though: Why is the icon cut at the bottom?? The toolbar should be 16px high (acc. to kmm-file), and the icon has that size too *confused*

By the way, you can also use the space right of "Ayuda" for toolbars and buttons, lots of empty space there smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 09:52PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 17, 2010 09:52PM

If You use the original version - its in the dll, so there is no way unless You deactivate the dll.

Cave: AFAIK all Ablock plus versions currently have limits = either they have function limits or bleed RAM slowly. Close K-M once in a while, iff.

A partially functional alternative version that does not bleed was adapted by disrupted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 09:53PM by guenter.

Date: October 17, 2010 10:18PM

Siria, no way, I can move any button or icon or url bar or menu bar in my tool bar except the adblock plus icon (I Have unlocked tool bar but it doesn't help), anyway thankyou for your advice.

Guenter, I have installed the adblockplus provided by the link you indicate in your post, and yes it works now , the icon of adblockplus is situated on the right of url bar and also its size is normal (now I don't have a thick bar but a normal one). Thankyou very much.

Regards

Date: October 17, 2010 10:18PM

Oh, that's why, the old dll!! I didn't think of that one anymore, only looked up the newest version in kmext *oops* And I wasn't aware that the original dll creates full-width toolbars, whow...

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 18, 2010 12:26AM

That You cannot move it at all (like siria said) is a a known bug/limit.
Previous ones did not have that but were bleeding faster.
Maybe a trade?

The one at which I pointed AFAIK has other limits.

I finally seem to have located one of the the old threads about the problems.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.