General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How NOT To Run K-Meleon At Start Up
Posted by: markxxx
Date: November 10, 2010 03:54PM

OK this should be easy to find, but for the life of me I keep missing itsmiling smiley

I have a netbook with K-Meleon as my browser. Currently when I start the netbook up K-Meleon opens automatically. But I don't really use this machine for browsing so I'd rather choose to open K-Meleon rather than start it automatically.

Now I know I can go through Win7 and block a program from starting automatically, but isn't there a place in K-Meleon itself to turn this off and on?

I know there probably is and I'm just missing it.

If someone could point me there I'd appreciate it.

Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How NOT To Run K-Meleon At Start Up
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 10, 2010 05:19PM

markxxx
OK this should be easy to find, but for the life of me I keep missing itsmiling smiley

I have a netbook with K-Meleon as my browser. Currently when I start the netbook up K-Meleon opens automatically. But I don't really use this machine for browsing so I'd rather choose to open K-Meleon rather than start it automatically.

Now I know I can go through Win7 and block a program from starting automatically, but isn't there a place in K-Meleon itself to turn this off and on?

I know there probably is and I'm just missing it.

If someone could point me there I'd appreciate it.

I use K-Meleon since 2001/02 or so - since then it never started automatically. grinning smiley

IMHO You chose "Autostart K-Meleon Loader" during install.

I do not know how to undo it. I have never done it.
I do not use Win7. If You did not do it via Your system settings?

Maybe click or right-click on the loader icon before You opened K-Meleon.
Either will IMHO probably give You an option to deactivate.

Else: the item can be unchecked when You run the setdefault procedure.
F2 -> Set as Default Browser - de-select the item when the option is offered.
Finish the procedure and restart the OS - IMHO the loader will be deactivated on restart.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 01:15AM by guenter.

Attachments: Setdefault.gif (59.8 KB)  
Re: How NOT To Run K-Meleon At Start Up
Posted by: caktus
Date: November 11, 2010 07:42AM

When you run the SetDefault.exe click on the cross beside "Create K-Meleon Shortcuts." Then remove the check mark beside "StartMenu." Then click on Install > Close. I haven't actually done this myself but sounds like it may be what you are looking for.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.