General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
All my KMs down except for 1.1.6
Posted by: JamesD (not logged_
Date: November 15, 2010 01:29AM

Major problem here. All my running copies of KM on my primay desktop are having a problem. They start, seem to show loading my homepage in statusbar, and then they just go to a white screen in the page display area. Menu does not seem to work after that.

I think it must be an ops sys file because each KM and its profile are in a separate folder. The only KM running is 1.1.6.

I am on a secondary computer now. I can't log in because I am still logged in on one of the KMs on the primary.

Any ideas where to beging looking for the problem. I just updated and let Malware Bytes check the computer. It found nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All my KMs down except for 1.1.6
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 15, 2010 01:52AM

Well, everything is running again. I have no explanation. This is the second time in a week that I have had problems that later just disappeared. MalwareBytes found nothing. The first time, several days ago, I just assumed that I had made an error, but this time I worked for forty minutes, before starting MalwareBytes. I let that do a full scan which took a long time.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 16, 2010 08:29PM

Are you looking in System Task, some process using all CPU or full memory or some scheduler to download some update, Windows Update or AntiVirus/Firewall automatic update?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 16, 2010 10:36PM

I forgot to look into running processes. Other applications, like Word, did work. I ran Malware Bytes on entire system and that took 3+ hours. I updated Malware Bytes just prior to running it. The update worked. No malware was reported. After that all my KMs ran OK.

I am thinking a hardware problem, but I don't know what failed. I don't know if hardware could make it appear the last KM did not close and starting another really started the same version again. I don't think this happened. I think I saw different window title versions each time, but I am old and maybe what I think I saw was different from what really happened.

I had another problem prior to this. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,111934 Three hours later I could not reproduce the problem.

Nobody else has reported anything like this, so that is why I am thinking my hardware and not KM software.

Posted by: siria
Date: November 16, 2010 10:51PM

JamesD (not logged_
Major problem here. All my running copies of KM on my primay desktop are having a problem. They start, seem to show loading my homepage in statusbar, and then they just go to a white screen in the page display area.

Is there a chance the page itself may be the culprit? Perhaps some ad with js or flash or such.. And it sounds like you couldn't access the error console anymore...? Was it possible to stop and go to other pages? Probably not, but the homepage could be changed in prefs.js if needed, after killing the browser...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 10:55PM by siria.

Date: November 17, 2010 12:38PM

@ siria

The first post in this thread was from a second computer. The KM there goes to the same homepage. I think, but I cannot say for certain, that I tried to go to other pages.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.