General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
I can't play Youtube videos in K-meleon :mad:
Posted by: Jesper
Date: September 01, 2014 08:32PM

I can't play Youtube videos in the browser because it says that my browser isn't supported anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can't play Youtube videos in K-meleon :mad:
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 01, 2014 09:08PM

What version of K-Meleon are you using?

Re: I can't play Youtube videos in K-meleon :mad:
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 01, 2014 09:15PM

Jesper
I can't play Youtube videos in the browser because it says that my browser isn't supported anymore.

Velkommen Jesper,

please use the most modern version. If You can. This is 74RC2. It requires XP.

Make sure in URL about:config (give You acces to all configuration options)

that this preference: general.useragent.compatMode.firefox is set too true.

It then identifies as: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0

With that it works here without problem. Without some pages do not recogize the browser.

For older systems like Win98 You would use Kernel EX and K-Meleon version 1.6 or 1.7. In that case You would set a relatively new Firefox or SeaMonkey version as custom UserAgentString. That can be set in the Tools menue item in older K-Meleon versions.

mfG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2014 09:18PM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage03.gif (149.2 KB)  
Re: I can't play Youtube videos in K-meleon / I can :-)
Posted by: siria
Date: September 02, 2014 12:08AM

Cool pic smiling smiley
Just to add that in my Win98SE with KM1.6 I'm using 90% of the time the native KM1.6 identification, NO Firefox in it, and ancient gecko 1.9.1.16 - it also works on youtube, also with my slightly outdated flash9, and they don't even show an "old browser" complaint!! :cool:
(hm, then again, now I switched to IE7-string for a test, and they complain neither, strange...)

Anyway, 99.9% of the videos play fine, although there may be other probs like getting a video to stop once it started or it's difficult to jump around in it with the mouse etc., but rather sure the UA is innocent at that. Rather due to outdated gecko/scripts/flash/windows.
Just wonder if YTs graciousness with KM has to do with KM still being on that ballot screen, as dorian recently stated? Uh oh... if they notice there's now a new version74, will they start blocking stone age 1.6?! Or perhaps they have a fan of KM somewhere ;-)

Re: I can't upload images for imgur
Posted by: Anonymous
Date: September 14, 2014 06:21AM

Hello, i have latest version k-meleon. Work in all good, but Imgur proably have very advanced JS, because can't upload image for K-meleon (FF is OK). Does K-meleon have is lastest version gecko?

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 14, 2014 07:26AM

Anonymous
Hello, i have latest version k-meleon. Work in all good, but Imgur proably have very advanced JS, because can't upload image for K-meleon (FF is OK). Does K-meleon have is lastest version gecko?

No it is based on the ESR branch but that is new enough.

You find the version in plaform.ini.

[Build]
BuildID=20140803202131
Milestone=24.7.0
SourceStamp=bce71a749a08
SourceRepository=http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-esr24

Can You open the error console the new time this does not work.

Because there will be a message if it is imgur's javascript.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 14, 2014 04:14PM

Anonymous

Just uploaded.

What version do you mean by latest (Help>About K-meleon)?
Can you describe step by step your problem?

Posted by: siria
Date: September 14, 2014 04:22PM

ROFL!!! Thanks for the laugh, and sooo cute, aww grinning smiley grinning smiley

But if it works for you, provided both are current version, than it's probably just some setting, like 3rd-party-cookies or referer or must be or must not be https... whatever nonsense they want...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 04:24PM by siria.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 14, 2014 05:03PM

siria
ROFL!!! Thanks for the laugh, and sooo cute, aww grinning smiley grinning smiley

But if it works for you, provided both are current version, than it's probably just some setting, like 3rd-party-cookies or referer or must be or must not be https... whatever nonsense they want...

No, I block cookies since a few weeks back and no SSL requested.

May be Flash, as this was displayed:

share image

That dog is an old internet star, as this cat (let's have some fun grinning smiley while he/she replies):

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.