General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Shortcut 1.10
Posted by: Leadbelly
Date: December 29, 2010 07:45PM

Hi all

I came across a small portable bbcode/html/spellchecker program, and its a dandy. You can even add your own custom tags if you like. Anyway I wanted to add an icon to K-Meleon to launch this program when needed. I think the external application found on this page Shortcut 1.10 would work. But unfortunately the link is broken and cant be downloaded. I was wondering if anyone has any in site to were I can download this application, or an alternative to my problem. I am using the K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta version, not the K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta2 version.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shortcut 1.10
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 29, 2010 09:40PM

I don't have the info in the link. Maybe you can edit this program of mine to run what you do have.
#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#  
# ---------- ImageThis.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language  Run Purrint.exe for current window ----
#
# Dependencies        : - main.kmm 
# Resources           : - Purrint.exe
#      Obtain from : http://www.freeware-guide.com/dir/mmedia/screencapture.html
# Preferences         : - 
# Version             : - 0.1   2009-01-31   JamesD
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImageThis{
setclipboard($TITLE) ;
exec("C:\\Program Files\\Purrint\\Purrint.exe /promptwin");
}

$macroModules=$macroModules."ImageThis;";
##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  change path in exec statement to be path where you install Purrint.exe

'/promptwin' is a command line switch which you may not need for your program. 'setclipboard($TITLE) ;' just copies the value of '$TITLE' into the clipboard. This also may not be needed by your program.

I call the macro from a button. The following code is in the toolbars.cfg file in my skin.

ImageThis{
	macros(ImageThis)
	Save current window as image
	photo.bmp
	photo.bmp
	photo.bmp
	}

You will need to create your own bmp file. It must be the same size as the other buttons in your skin. Put in your skin's folder or in a folder named 'default' in the skins folder. Note that the skins folder contains the folder which has the name of your skin.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 29, 2010 09:58PM

Ah, you bet me by 15min, LOL! grinning smiley
And the content is much the same as I had just written too, so am only going to add now the link to Alain's homepage. There's a description of his old tool, but the download is broken there as well.
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/kmeleon/

And a hint that the link to the current macro syntax ends with a 2:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2010 10:01PM by siria.

Posted by: Leadbelly
Date: December 30, 2010 02:36AM

Thank you both very much for your help. And a special thanks to JamesD, for the code you provided. I changed things around a bit, but your code did the trick.

The exe.kmm file looks like this now, one just needs to change the path to the exe file.

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# ---------- exe.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language launch an exe file ----
#
# Dependencies : - main.kmm
# Resources : - your .exe
# Preferences : - exe
# Coded By : - JamesD
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exe{
exec("D:\\Portables\\BBCeditor\\BBCeditor.exe");
}

$macroModules=$macroModules."exe;";
##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# change path in exec statement to the path where the programs exe file is

The code for the toolbars.cfg file looks like this, I added this code just below the mail code.

EXE Button{

exe{
macros(exe)
Launch Program
photohot.bmp[0]
photocold.bmp[0]
}

}

%endif

I am including a link below to a zip file I made up with the images hot/cold. They just need to be dropped in what ever theme/skin folder you are using, the exe.kmm file and the code for the toolbars.cfg file is also included Also coded by JamesD was left in tacked.

EXE External Application Download

Also here is a pic of my browser with the new button I made, and the application loaded. I just made an E button hot/cold for exe.

Click Image To Enlarge

Now off topic but I thought some may find use of this, mainly because most are looking for speed. Below you will find a link to a Windows 7 basic theme I made some time ago 32/bit - 64/bit. This theme is identical to the original Windows 7 basic theme, every file number matches.This is just how I would have shipped the basic theme when Windows7 was released had it been up to me.

Black Shine Windows 7 Basic Theme - By Leadbelly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 02:44AM by Leadbelly.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 30, 2010 02:47AM

@ sira

Yes, I need to go and change all my old code to MacroLanguage2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.