General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
KM 74; Toolbars.cfg problem
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 19, 2014 04:33AM

With KM 74:
When I edit add attempt to save Toolbars.cfg the Save As dialog box opens as if I am saving a new txt file. When I click on the Save button I get a message that says "C:\Programs (x86)\skins\AuraAlpha(Compact)\toolbars.cfg.txt
You don't have permission to save in this location.
Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save to the My Documents folder instead? Yes/No Weather I click Yes or No, edits aren't saved.

Anyone know how I might fix or work around this problem? I don't experience a permissions problem when making edits to Toolbars.cfg in KM1.6.

Thank you.

P.S. Also, the Back and Foward buttons don't work

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2014 04:35AM by caktus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM 74; Toolbars.cfg problem
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 19, 2014 05:20AM

What Windows. 8.1?

I only know up to Win7. Which can also do such "smart" things.

You have to grant writing privileges to the folder where You want to edit something. One of MS security features. Or that of Your own security software.

Another possibility is to do the whole edit job in a location where You have writing rights/Your files. Copy the skin or toolbars.cfg there and try.

It must be saved as toolbars.cfg not toolbars.cfg.txt. Create a toolbars.cfg.back
and do overwrite the original file if You cannot get that done in another way.

Re: KM 74; Toolbars.cfg problem
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 19, 2014 05:48PM

Sorry about that, guenter. I'm using Win 8. 8.1 was driving me
TOO CRAAAZY, so I got rid of it. For some reason 8 likes to give me trouble when it comes to Permission's, even after I change permission's or restore it back factory defaults.

I took your advice. I moved the file, actually all of KM 74, to the Desktop and now all is fine. I'm surprized it didn't give me the same problem when trying to move it. After customizing it's appearence and basic funcitons it seems the same as 1.6.0.Beta 2, except KM 74 is much faster.:drool:

Now I'm off to installing Extensions, Plug-ins and macros. I hope all the ones I like will be just as compatable with KM 74.

Thank you for helping me work aroud the problem.smiling smiley

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.