General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't uninstall
Posted by: ws.uk
Date: February 15, 2011 04:04PM

Hi

i need to get rid of K-Meleon 1.5.4 it don't support my banking system, i'm runnnig windoze 7 i've tried from the control panel and also from the start menu byt the uninstaller just sits there and does nothing.

just maybe should add that i was working on something else before i decided to uninstall and a message come on screen, something about an upgrade i think i clicked on it to get rid of it, that might be relevent.

but i'm really stuck atm, can someone help please.

regards: ws.uk

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't uninstall
Posted by: caktus
Date: February 15, 2011 04:32PM

ws.uk
Hi

i need to get rid of K-Meleon 1.5.4 it don't support my banking system, i'm runnnig windoze 7 i've tried from the control panel and also from the start menu byt the uninstaller just sits there and does nothing.

just maybe should add that i was working on something else before i decided to uninstall and a message come on screen, something about an upgrade i think i clicked on it to get rid of it, that might be relevent.

but i'm really stuck atm, can someone help please.

regards: ws.uk

Hi, ws.uk.

If K-Meleon 1.5.4 is the only version of K-mekeon on the computer all that should necessary to uninstall is delete the K-Meleon 1.5.4 folder. I have run K-Meleon 1.5.4 and have never had a problem loading online banking systems. If you other-wise like K-Meleon 1.5.4 you could simply open a different browser and type the banking URL or when K-Meleon 1.5.4 does not load a web site right click on the window, go to "Send Page To" and click on "Internet Explorer."

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Re: Can't uninstall
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 16, 2011 12:26AM

ws.uk
1.)

2.) i need to get rid of K-Meleon 1.5.4 it don't support my banking system, i'm runnnig windoze 7 i've tried from the control panel and also from the start menu byt the uninstaller just sits there and does nothing.

1.) Set K-Meleon's UserAgentString to Firefox (Tools, User Agent) after that Your banking system will IMHO support it. That is the normal procedure when a page's JavaScript waun't work for K-Meleon. grinning smiley

2.) AFAIK Microsoft's Windows7 "protects" You from using the uninstall routine.
IMHO it should work when You do not just click away messages You need. smiling smiley

Grant More privileges to the install folder if the Uninstall process waunt start.

The uninstall.exe that cleans K-Meleon install folder is in that folder.
If Your system waun't start it You can click the exe to start.

Or use Charlie's how two and simply delete.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 04:23AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.