General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Kicked out
Posted by: tellurikwaves
Date: March 07, 2011 07:33AM

Hi there!i'm regularly kicked out from sites such as FACEBOOK/DEVIANT/and MY SPACE
when i use this browser which is nothing but a collection of bugs (you should see my
Deck Mistake control...it's a sight!!)
I use KAMELEON to go on OMG and FFFFOUND and some others but if i want to share the pages with FACEBOOK or MYSPACE (which is to me even worse than anything) i'm KICKED OUT
I have to add that i'm on low rate,that i don't know much(the least i can say)about
Computers/Internet/Browsers config...and so on

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kicked out
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 07, 2011 11:01PM

It definitely is a collection of bugs. Like other European projects e.g. EADs planes from France (and Germany) it generally crashes You at the wrong moment. grinning smiley

The problem at the sites You mentioned is not the browser but their en-US webdesigners that only know IE, Firefox or Chrome and other US products. tongue sticking out smiley

You need to cheat at pages designed by such ignorants or complain to the EC Commission. sad smiley

Tools -> User Agent -> Firefox prevents that You are kicked out. smiling smiley

K-Meleon 1.6 beta2 can even better impersonate Firefox 3.x than K-Meleon1.5.4.

To get both browsers installed at the same time? You Install under new name in Folder

./program files/1.6beta2

To get mostly native menus (not all menus get translated that way), copy ./k-meleon/locales from Your K-Meleon version to the untranslated English test version.

Greetings from Hanover

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2011 11:02PM by guenter.

Re: Kicked out
Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 08, 2011 04:52AM

tellurikwaves
Hi there!i'm regularly kicked out from sites such as FACEBOOK/DEVIANT/and MY SPACE
when i use this browser which is nothing but a collection of bugs (you should see my
Deck Mistake control...it's a sight!!)
I use KAMELEON to go on OMG and FFFFOUND and some others but if i want to share the pages with FACEBOOK or MYSPACE (which is to me even worse than anything) i'm KICKED OUT
I have to add that i'm on low rate,that i don't know much(the least i can say)about
Computers/Internet/Browsers config...and so on

tellurikwaves,

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/agentswitcherplus.7z

This extension switches default useragent string to firefox when it runs into a poorly coded website.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.