General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Java and a "new mozilla version"
Posted by: robert
Date: March 20, 2011 09:36PM

In some sites, when a try login, a figure (keyboard that should appear on the screen) doesn't appear, and appers a text aproximately so: the new java plug in requires a new version os mozilla.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Java and a "new mozilla version"
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 20, 2011 09:54PM

Can you post the URL of one of the sites where this happens? Also it would be helpful to know the version of KM you are running as well as your OS. Please also show your current level of Java.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 20, 2011 10:31PM

Or try that fix, guenter summed it up quite easy smiling smiley
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,115159

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 20, 2011 11:35PM

robert
the new java plug in requires a new version os mozilla.

Hola,

Here is an answer for the Error with Firefox' New Java Plugin question in language pt-BR / Portugese.

Can You tell me whether the last post in that thread can be deleted as spam. IMHO it can but I am not sure. Thx in advance.

& Greetings from Germany.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2011 11:42PM by guenter.

Date: March 20, 2011 11:41PM

Gunther wrote:
Copy npoji610.dll to ./K-Meleon/plgugins.

A known problem/Java-Bug since Java Version 21.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,108658
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,111309

The yeast:

Get npoji610.dll from

./program files/Java/jre6/bin

and copy the file to

./program files/K-Meleon/plugins

Can you explain me, Siria or anyone, where is
./program files/java/jre6/bin?

Date: March 20, 2011 11:58PM

robert

./program files/K-Meleon/plugins

Can you explain me, Siria or anyone, where is
./program files/java/jre6/bin?

c:/arquivos de programa/ ? c:/programas/ ? I do not know Portugese words.

C:/program files/ English
C:/Programme/ German

Java is a folder next to K-Meleon's default installation folder

C:/program files/Java/jre6/bin/
C:/program files/K-Meleon

Go into Edit -> Configuration -> Profile folder, that opens windows explorer, then move up 3 times, then You should see ./Java/ and now go inside 3 times till You find/see the file (must set Windows to show all files) maybe use Windows search to find the needed java file.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 12:07AM by guenter.

Date: March 21, 2011 02:33AM

Gunther: Can You tell me whether the last post in that thread can be deleted as spam. IMHO it can but I am not sure. Thx in advance.

About the last post in that thread, it's spanish. The poster ask if the browser he uses normally can bring some problem, and something I don't understand. I don't understand the reason he post the links.

Date: March 21, 2011 02:40AM

Excuse me my ignorance, but I don't know where to find this thing that begins with C:. Is it somewhere in the control panel? Where must I click to find it?

Posted by: siria
Date: March 21, 2011 07:39AM

Oh man... You need to start your windows file explorer, but how to explain such a basic thing, in a new system probably, and in spanish?? Do you know anyone who can show you that directly? Just ask anyone who knows a tiny bit more about computers than yourself where to find "c:" and how to navigate in there, handle files, copy to another place etc.??
Which system do you have? Vista? Windows7?

Date: March 21, 2011 12:44PM

robert
Gunther: Can You tell me whether the last post in that thread can be deleted as spam. IMHO it can but I am not sure. Thx in advance.

About the last post in that thread, it's spanish. The poster ask if the browser he uses normally can bring some problem, and something I don't understand. I don't understand the reason he post the links.

Ok - that is typical of spam. I will remove the links or the post.
Thank You for Your help.

C:/ is the partition where vendors typically install Windows. It is often the only partition. On some systems also has given name: system drive. If another partition is present this second partition is often called Data. Windows shows it as d:/ by plus maybe the given name. The CD Rom or DVD drives get the next letters in the Aplhabet. The reason why the system calls the first partition that it recognizes C:/ is in history. Before PCs had hard disk drives they had floppy drives only. The floppy drives were called A:/ and B:/ (these letters are still reserved, even though almost no PC has a floppy drive any more).

It does not matter where it is. Sorry my last post was missleading. You can have installed K-Meleon different from me. So finding the K-Meleon profile does not always help. Sorry.

Use K-Meleon function: F2 -> Set as Standart Browser. Start that Process. The second step shows You where K-Meleon is installed, because it would make the K-Meleon.exe in that location default browser. Abort after You have been shown and know the location.

Now open Windows explorer and navigate to that address. Java folder should be next to it because the letters k and J are adjacent. Else use windows search. for the file.

greetings from Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 04:05PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.